Attorney General Refuses to Sign Off on Westlake, Tex., Deal, Citing School Angle
- New York City Will Refund $800M Next Week. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p30
Reports the sale of fixed-rate general obligation bonds by the officials in New York City.
- After Legal Delays, Oklahoma Sees 4Q Issuance 'Starting to Heat Up'. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p5
Reports on the issuance of bonds by the government officials in Oklahoma. Amount of the bonds; Statement regarding the bond issuance by bond adviser James C. Joseph; Legal delay on the approval of the bond issuance.
- Colorado trans vote marks Tabor's first statewide test. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p1
Reports that Colorado government officials are testing their ability to convince voters to agree to bond authorizations under the state's Taxpayer Bill of Rights Amendment. Limitations placed on taxes; Regional Transportation District initiative for light rail.
- King County, Wash., Readies Two-Part, $450M Sewer Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31434, p4
Reports the marketing of sewer revenue bonds by the city officials in King County, Washington. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Financial advisers of the negotiated sale.
- For Now, Louisiana Tobacco Deal Still a Go for Next Month. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31224, p3
Reports the plan of officials to sell the 1.2 billion dollar tobacco bond in Louisiana. Approval of the resolution allowing the state to continue with the October sale; Optimism of officials on the outcome of the sale; Disadvantage of delaying the sale of bonds.
- Big Deal in Texas: Buyers Finding $5.8B Tran Sale Very Noteworthy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31434, p1
Reports the sale of tax revenue bonds by the state government officials in Texas. Schedule of the sale; Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale.
- Yields Little Changed in Quiet Session; N.Y.C. Sells $50M of Competitive GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p2
Focuses on the total amount of the taxable general obligation bonds sold to the competitive sectors by the government officials in New York City. Expansion of industrial productions; Decrease on the interest costs of the bonds; Factors affecting the business performance of various firms in the...
- Massachusetts Moves Toward $400M Student Loan Bond Sale. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32941, p20
The article reports on the decision of officials to move closer to selling a $400 million new money, student loan bond sale in Massachusetts. Moreover, they also hopes that the deal will gain as much investor interest as a recent New Jersey higher education loan transaction. Fixed-rate bonds...
- Puerto Rico Lawmakers Expect to Pass $42 Million Capital Projects Plan Monday. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p3
The article reports that lawmakers of Puerto Rico is set to pass a $42 million of capital projects that with Governor Anibal Acevedo Vila's signature could end the stalemate over the commonwealth's proposed significant bond bill for 2007. The New Progressive Party is believed to be its second...