The ban on tobacco ads sees UK liberty go to pot
- Smokeout spots turn tabacco ads' glamor inside out. Dakutis, Peter // Cancer News;Autumn90, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the comment of Reed Tucson, former Washington D.C. Commissioner of Public Health that tobacco advertisements like full-color advertisements are brought by the makers of death and disease every month. Information about the print advertisement of the Smokeout campaign against smoking;...
- New Zealand. Raw, Martin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/8/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6750, p458
Focuses on the legislation of tobacco promotion in New Zealand. Phase out of tobacco sponsorship; Policy of smoking standards on public access; Impact of legislation on sporting organization.
- Lord adds 'lifeline' to draft tobacco Bill. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);3/7/2002, p2
Reports on the provision of the Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Bill that encourage tobacco manufacturers to demonstrate lower tar and nicotine content in Great Britain.
- Designated shopper. Shanahan, Laura // Brandweek;06/14/99, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p56
Provides information on the implications of cigarette and tobacco advertising in the United States. Obsession of the people of the United States to cigarette.
- Is Tony's bill liable to go up in smoke? // Campaign (UK);05/25/2001, Issue 21, p22
Focuses on the ban for tobacco advertising by the government of Great Britain. Translation of Tobacco Advertising and Promotion Bill into law; Difficulty of tobacco advertising to introduce a fair legislation; Debates over smoking issue by the Labour administration.
- Injecting greater urgency into global tobacco control. Yach, D. // Tobacco Control;Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p145
This article focuses on the annual meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco, held on March 21, 2005, in Prague. One hundred and ninety two countries, all members of the World Health Organization, have solemnly pledged to rid the world of the death and disease trail caused by...
- Where there's smoke... Fleming, Harris // Drug Topics;1/19/98, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p69
Reports that according to a survey done by the Pharmacy Partnership, local drugstores are more likely to carry tobacco advertising than they are to refer patients to smoking-cessation programs. Background on the Pharmacy Partnership coalition; Details on other findings of the study; Comments...
- Tobacco advertising on post offices. Gray, Selena; Bolger, Gary; Ong, Giok // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/25/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6847, p223
Focuses on the amount of tobacco advertising on post offices in Bristol, England. Relation between advertising and deprivation; Prevalence of cigarette smoking in men and women; Effectiveness of tobacco advertising bans.
- Boyz to (Marlboro) men. Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;06/02/97, Vol. 122 Issue 21, p18
Discusses how cigarette manufactures address and exploit the psychological struggles of teenagers in order to sell more cigarettes. The effort made by tobacco companies in depth psychology; The use of so-called visual rhetoric; The Marlboro man as the classic example of how tobacco companies...