THE MYSTERY OF THE MAGIC LANTERN
- ASSOCIATION ROLLS OUT INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SIGN FOR THE ATM. // CardLine;4/25/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p19
The article reports on the plan of the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Industry Association to launch an international public sign for the ATM to commemorate its invention in 1968. The association registered a pictogram of a hand withdrawing money from an ATM with the International Organization...
- BILLBOARD & SIGN COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p56
A list of the top billboard and sign companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Big Traffic Mobile Billboards Worldwide, Clear Channel Outdoor and Federal Health Sign Co.
- Cover item. // Government Product News;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p7
Features Site Signs from ASF, for informing the public and attract attention.
- Rainbow signs in Henderson. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/27/98, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p36
Reports on the development of a rainbow-colored titanium sign program for the City of Henderson in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Suburban sketchbook Hedman, Richard // Planning;Dec1989, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p18
No abstract available.
- What's your sign? Murphy, Rhoda Jaffin // Restaurant Business;3/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p144
Reports on the role of signage in conveying a restaurant's image. Best marketing tool; Location and type of market; Importance to individual restaurant and fast-food; Variety and prices; Architectural elements; Complementary interior and exterior design; Restrictions; Changes made by fast-food...
- Bethesda takes new direction. // American City & County;Jul98, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on direction signs in Bethesda, Maryland, highlighting the `Way-finding' program designed to make metropolitan Bethesda more user-friendly. Amount of signs which were developed; Cost of the signs; Comments from Montgomery County Executive Douglas Duncan.
- Signs that sell!! Montecino, Marcelo // Americas;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p40
Looks at some of the signs used throughout Latin America to sell various products or services. How English names and borrowed images have crept into artists' backdrops; Communicating products in places where literacy is not high; More.
- Signmakers ply trade with variety of old, new techniques. Van Meter, Eric; Brovet, Tori // Inside Tucson Business;6/5/95, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p9
Reports on signmaking in Tucson, Arizona. Design of `screaming chickens' by Cook Co. Signmakers; Views from Spenser Sign System Inc. owner Phil Soto Jr.; Creativity championed by Phil Soto Sr.; Operation of Budget One Hour Sign Shop; Computer storage of client information.