THE MYSTERY OF THE MAGIC LANTERN
- ASSOCIATION ROLLS OUT INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SIGN FOR THE ATM. // CardLine;4/25/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p19
The article reports on the plan of the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Industry Association to launch an international public sign for the ATM to commemorate its invention in 1968. The association registered a pictogram of a hand withdrawing money from an ATM with the International Organization...
- BILLBOARD & SIGN COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p56
A list of the top billboard and sign companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Big Traffic Mobile Billboards Worldwide, Clear Channel Outdoor and Federal Health Sign Co.
- Cover item. // Government Product News;Feb97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p7
Features Site Signs from ASF, for informing the public and attract attention.
- ghost signs of their times. Webb, Kane // Louisville Magazine;Aug2011, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p36
A photo essay which documents signs and signboards during the past in Louisville, Kentucky is presented which include the "Harry G. Young Druggist" sign, the barber pole for Christopher Evola's barbershop, and the Riedling & Bro. Hay, Grain and Mill Feed.
- Rainbow signs in Henderson. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/27/98, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p36
Reports on the development of a rainbow-colored titanium sign program for the City of Henderson in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Suburban sketchbook Hedman, Richard // Planning;Dec1989, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p18
No abstract available.
- What's your sign? Murphy, Rhoda Jaffin // Restaurant Business;3/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p144
Reports on the role of signage in conveying a restaurant's image. Best marketing tool; Location and type of market; Importance to individual restaurant and fast-food; Variety and prices; Architectural elements; Complementary interior and exterior design; Restrictions; Changes made by fast-food...
- Hidden shops get new signs. Turner, Brad // Westchester County Business Journal;9/23/96, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the plans for signs at the Triangle Center mall in Yorktown pointing to lower-level shops. Proposal of Golf Day/Woodworkers Warehouse vice-president Jack Leitner; Decision of Yorktown Planning Board; Expectations.
- Bethesda takes new direction. // American City & County;Jul98, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on direction signs in Bethesda, Maryland, highlighting the `Way-finding' program designed to make metropolitan Bethesda more user-friendly. Amount of signs which were developed; Cost of the signs; Comments from Montgomery County Executive Douglas Duncan.