Waterstone's might be the weight that scuppers HMV
- TAKEOVER TALK BOOSTS HMV. Ferguson, Tom // Billboard;2/11/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that retailer HMV Group saw its share price increased after revealing on January 30, 2006 in a statement to the London Stock Exchange that it had received a preliminary takeover offer. In its half-year figures to October 29, 2005, the company reported declined sales performance.
- IPO For HMV Now Expected In Mid-May. Brandle, Lars // Billboard;5/11/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p49
Reports on plans for an initial public offering (IPO) of HMV Group stock. Expected price of shares on the London Stock Exchange; Distribution of stock among public and private interests; Amount of money expected to be raised by this IPO.
- DEALS COMMENT. // Lawyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p13
The article reflects on Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer's defensive handling of transactions. Freshfields' partner Graham Lawson, who advises the London Stock Exchange rejected the 4.2 billion informal cash bid by Nasdaq because the offer undervalued the company. HMV Group, advised by Freshfields...
- CITY REPORT. Westacatt, Gemma // Lawyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p14
The article reports developments regarding legal advising in London, England. The law firm Clifford Chance has retained its top place in the industry in terms of values and volumes for April 2006. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton has proclaimed that it was no longer in discussions with the...
- Today's Transactions: HMV Group Seeks British Bankruptcy, Sale Possible. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/21/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the administration, Great Britain's equivalent to Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, filed by British music retailer HMV Group plc.
- HMV flagship store faces Â£1m rent hike. // Estates Gazette;5/8/2010, Issue 1018, p33
The article reports on the increase in rent to be paid by the music retailer HMV at a 60,000-square-foot store in London, England from 2.4 million pounds per annum (pa) to 3.5 million pounds.
- How (and why) to rescue HMV. // Design Week (Online Edition);1/19/2012, p5
The article presents a blog on HMV Group PLC.
- HMV, in memoriam. // New Statesman;1/18/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5141, p5
The editorial expresses sadness at the bankruptcy of the HMV chain of music stores, saying they played a large role in expanding the range of music that customers were exposed to.
- Untitled. // Music Week;4/12/2003, Issue 14, p27
Reports on the success of the fund raising campaign of HMV Europe held in Grosvenor House Hotel in London, England. Total amount raised; Highlights of the event.