RAJAR meter testing needs industry synergy
- Commercial radio audience up by 2 percent, Rajar figures show. Darby, Ian // Campaign (UK);8/10/2001, Issue 32, p8
Reports the increase in the number of commercial radio listeners in Great Britain. Decline in the commercial radio audience share according to the Rajar survey; Rate of increase in listening hours; Role of radio in the media diet of the British population.
- Vital Stats. // Media Week;7/8/2008, Issue 1168, p16
The article focuses on the results of a survey on podcasts and online radio conducted by Rajar in Great Britain in 2008. The survey showed that over nine million people are listening to radio through the Internet every week. It notes that such results will encourage stations that offer a...
- Rajar methodology suffers setback due to technical hiccup. // Campaign (UK);04/23/99, Issue 16, p5
Reports on the delays to the new methodology planned by Rajar for radio advertising.
- Rajar plans event-driven figures. // Marketing (00253650);11/1/2001, p8
Focuses on the plans by the Radio Joint Audience Research (Rajar) to provide radio listening figures in Great Britain for specific events or programs in the wake of the terrorist attacks in the United States. Description of the basis for measuring the number of radio audiences.
- Rajar taking a small but significant step in the right direction. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;6/10/2011, Issue 23, p22
In this article, the author discusses the issue concerning use of online diaries in Radio Joint Audience Research Ltd.
- Rajar splits role to handle explosion in new digital stations. // Marketing (00253650);2/1/2001, p8
Focuses on the executives in Great Britain appointed by Radio Joint Audience Research (RAJAR). Positions filled at the company; Outline of the marketing plan considered by the appointed executives.
- Mackenzie tests Rajar alternative. Mutel, Glen // Campaign;2/21/2003, Issue 8, p3
Reports that radio group Wireless Group will challenge audience assessment company Rajar's monopoly on radio audience assessment by commissioning a survey using electronic measurement devices. Allegations made by Wireless Group chief executive officer and chairman Kelvin MacKenzie against...
- Commercial radio continues to add listener numbers. Oatts, Joanne // Marketing Week (01419285);11/4/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p9
The article reports that the strategies to revitalize the commercial radio sector have resulted to an increased number of listeners tuning into their station, according to the latest Rajar data.
- Hi-tech listening meters fail to deliver a panacea. Sampson, Justin; Wootton, Bob; Robinson, Lynne // Marketing Week;7/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p14
Comments on the failure of two electronic audiometer technologies, the Arbitron pager and the Radiocontrol watch, to produce accurate measurement of radio audiences in Great Britain, as studied by the joint industry committee Rajar. Lack of consistency of results; Differences in findings from...