BDO to clean up UK darts' image
- I am the lord of the darts said he... // Marketing Week;1/31/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on the sponsorship of dart tournaments in Great Britain. Suggestion of Lord McNally to approach Slim Fast as a possible sponsor; Reminiscence of Department of Health minister Lord Hunt of Kings Heath on playing darts; Replacement of tobacco companies as sponsors of sports competitions.
- You can't beat a bit of bully. Darby, Tim // Marketing Week;10/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p30
Focuses on the growth of the professional darts sports in Great Britain. Impact on the loss of tobacco sponsorship on the Professional Darts Corp.; Benefit of the sponsorship arrangement with The Laurel Pub Co.; Involvement of Budweiser in the sponsorship of the Open Tournament.
- Anheuser-Busch: darts aimed at non-trendy consumers. // MarketWatch: Drinks;November 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p7
Reports on a deal secured by Anheuser-Busch with Professional Darts Corp. for its leading Budweiser brand to become the headline sponsor of the British Open Darts Championships. Goal of strengthening the brand's association with the sports world; Popularity of darts in Great Britain; Number of...
- Courage Best to back darts event. // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2007, p4
The article reports that Great Britain's bitter beer brand Courage Best is poised to link up with the sport of darts as it embarks on its first above-the-line activity for more than 10 years. From November 17-25, 2007 the brand will be the broadcast sponsor and official beer of the PartyBet...
- Darts: A Uniquely Democratic Tradition. Shaw, Jazz // Moderate Voice;2/8/2010, p2
The article offers information on darts as the real King of sports in the U.S.
- Point Well-Taken. Browne, Alix; Talty, Stephen // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Oct98, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p72
Opinion. Comments on the game of darts. Design of a dart; Origins and history of the game; Recount of the author's experience watching his father play the game.
- DARTS. // Los Angeles Magazine;Aug2012, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p74
In this article, the author provides information on Darts game available at the "Little Bar" in Los Angeles, California.
- Sleight of mind. Nielsen, Lillian // ABA Banking Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p14
Presents a dart game on a mathematical problem.
- Darts! // Fun For Kidz;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p38
Presents the computer version of darts.