Guardian Media Group launches Â£41m bid for Jazz station
- GMG to drop Jazz brand to widen North West's appeal. // Marketing Week;12/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p13
Offers information on the relaunch of Jazz FM North West radio station by the Guardian Media Group in Great Britain. Strategy to broaden appeal of the radio station; Addition of soul-oriented artists to the playlist.
- Guardian increases its bid to control Jazz FM. // Music Week;6/15/2002, Issue 23, p3
Reports on the decision of Guardian Media Group to raise its takeover offer for Jazz FM, as of June 2002. Reason for the decision; Description of the new offer.
- STRATEGY VERDICT. Nester, Ross // Media Week;3/11/2008, Issue 1153, p13
The author comments on the plan of Guardian Media Group to relaunch Jazzfm on DAB. The author reveals that the announcement came after GCap has decided to close the Jazz. He mentions that the Jazz was able to establish a large following with 364,000 listeners per week and this only shows that...
- Jazz FM falls to Guardian Media Group. Thurtle, Gary // Marketing Week;6/6/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p5
Reports the consolidation of Jazz FM to Guardian Media Group in Great Britain. Percentage of the premium on the closing share price; Satisfaction of the shareholders; Launch of record labels.
- Wheatly plays entrepreneur to harness local radio power. Darby, Ian // Campaign;5/21/2004, Issue 21, p17
Richard Wheatly is looking forward to utilising his radio experience. At first glance, it's hard to see why Richard Wheatly, who so successfully grew and then sold Jazz FM, would want to return to the fray. Wheatly's decision to lead a bid for a group of local radio stations called Radio...
- DLA plays support for Jazz FM in revised Guardian Group offer. Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;06/17/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p13
Reports that DLA is acting for Jazz FM on a takeover bid by the Guardian Media Group. View of DLA on the deal; Revised cash offer for the radio broadcaster; Stake of Guardian in Jazz FM.
- TalkSport teams up with Scottish Courage in 1m pounds sponsorship deal. // Marketing Week;6/14/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p12
Reports the signing of sponsorship deal between Scottish Courage and TalkSport radio station. Cost of sponsorship deal; Schedule on the airing of The Nonsense Sports Breakfast; Purchase of Scot FM by the Guardian Media Group.
- Q Should Global Radio be forced to offload stations? McCabe, Maisie // Campaign;10/11/2013, p22
The article reports that investigation into Global Radio UK Ltd.'s 70 million pounds purchase of the radio assets of Guardian Media Group PLC is closer to a resolution as Great Britain Competition Appeal Tribunal heard from both sides. Global Radio already manages the national advertising sales...
- October launch for new Jazz FM. // Media Week;8/12/2008, Issue 1173, p5
This article reveals the plan of Local Radio Company to launch its newly licensed Jazz FM station on October 6, 2008. A license agreement was signed by Local Radio Company with Guardian Media Group for the Jazz FM brand in June. Particular focus is given to the history of the station. Karen...