OAA acts to reform ad verification
- THE LANDSCAPE option. McNickel, David // AdMedia;Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p31
Discusses the prospects of outdoor advertising in New Zealand. Call for cooperation between the New Zealand Outdoor Advertising Association (OAANZ) and advertising agencies; Stance taken by OAANZ regarding the use of illegal billboards; Regulations proposed by the Auckland City Council...
- ISITE MEDIA. // AdMedia;Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p47
Focuses on outdoor advertising options available to advertising agencies in New Zealand. Benefits of advertising on taxis; Utility of scooters as an outdoor advertising option.
- A face lift for a drab industry. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/June97, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the improved growth in outdoor advertising industry in the United States. Increased prospects for mergers or acquisitions; Estimated increase in industry revenues; Advantages of outdoor advertisements; Creation of state-of-the-art technologies to improve advertisement production; List...
- Outdoor overload? Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/24/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 81, WWD Marketing/Media p4
Examines the glut in outdoor advertising in the United States. Difficulty in distinguishing one bus advertising from another due to oversaturation; Overview on the history of street advertising; Comments of Lynn Seid, president of Partners & Shevack on the evolution of outdoor advertising.
- Numbers to count on. Klein, Matthew // Marketing Tools;Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p38
Reports on a program embarked by the Traffic Audit Bureau in making its outdoor advertising auditing program more credible and less susceptible to skepticism. Hiring of Business Location Research to input the positions of outdoor advertising locations into a database; Program's aim of shifting...
- When the smoke clears. Shaw, Russell // Adweek Western Edition;9/13/93, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p60
Focuses on the 1993 performance of the outdoor advertising industry. Decline in tobacco advertising; Increase in retail industry's use of outdoor advertising; Trend towards short-term tobacco contracts; Demand for copychanging capability for price and product-introduction information; Fourth...
- Top 25 outdoor advertisers. Brown, Kevin // Advertising Age;9/26/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 40, p70
The article presents a chart on the top outdoor advertisers in the United States for year 1989.
- Burma-Shave signs. Hartill, Lane // Christian Science Monitor;5/11/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 119, p23
Focuses on Burma-Shave signs used to advertise the shaving cream along America's roads during the 1950s.
- Media and entertainment are outdoor's big spenders. Beale, Claire // Campaign;01/30/98, Issue 5, p6
Reports that according to Concord, research by the poster buying specialist showed, in outdoor advertising, media and entertainment are the biggest spending category. Amount of money the media and entertainment sector spent on outdoor advertising in 1997; Major advertisers which boosted the...
- Outdoor. Burgher, Valerie // MediaWeek;09/08/97, Vol. 7 Issue 33, Media Outlook '98 p24
Focuses on outdoor advertising companies in the United States. Impact of consolidation on industry's professionalism; Agencies' major acquisitions; Forecasts of the growth of out-of-home's national share; Advances in the use of outdoor mediums; Out-of-home companies' potential loss in outdoor...