HAZARDOUS AIR TRAFFIC REPORT
- OPS Topics. // Flying Safety;Apr2002, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p26
Discusses aircraft accidents emanating from the failure of air control tower.
- European skies. Donoghue, J.A. // Air Transport World;Aug2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p7
Criticizes the poor performance of the European air traffic management (ATM) in line with the midair collision over southern Germany in July 2002. Opposition to the proposal to consolidate the European ATM system; Potential for the privatization of the European ATM; Factor that contributed to...
- Free flight is a dream. Collins, Richard L. // Flying;May95, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p14
Discusses the various aspects of aircraft flying in the United States. Need to address the imperfections in the air traffic control systems; Proposals to improve the system with the removal of human air traffic controllers; Absence of accidents in 1994 involving corporate and business pilots;...
- "The Controller Failed to Inform â€¦". Hopkins, Jay // Flying;Jan2008, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p45
The article discusses several aviation accidents that were caused by controller error.
- Space Jam. Cohen, Andrew // Travel & Leisure;Nov98, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p151
Focuses on the safety concerns regarding air traffic. Causes; Lists of previous air accidents in the United States; Factors which contributed to air accidents. INSET: Room to move.
- Collision avoided, but aircraft lost. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/31/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p41
Reports on the role played by air traffic controller error in the November 1996 crash of an ADC Boeing 727-231 transport plane in a jungle near Lagos, Nigeria. Indications provided by the flight data recorder (FDR); The number of lives lost in aircraft accidents in Africa in 1996; The combined...
- African ATC crisis escalates. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/20/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p45
Looks at the dangerous traffic conflicts in African airspace. Lack of critical equipment and a rise in fatalities prompting the International Federation of Air Line Pilots Associations (IFALPA) to improve air traffic services and communications on the continent; The huge growth of aircraft...
- Japan Debates TCAS When Controllers Err. Sekigawa, Eiichiro // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/29/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p52
Reports the near-collision between Flight 907 and Flight 958 in Japan. Queries quality of the air traffic control system; Result on the investigation of the incident; Failure of the controller.
- Assessing international ATC. Bradley, Perry; Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Mar1997, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p27
Stresses the need to upgrade India's air traffic control system after the midair collision of Saudi Arabian Airlines and Kazakstan Airlines jet over India in November 1996. India's efforts to upgrade the system; Inability of radars to provide data blocks associated with individual aircraft that...