Private wait time plan
- Private firm to deregister elderly. McNicoll, Andy // Pulse;2/22/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the plan of The Practice PLC to deregister 166 of 400 elderly patients who are part of Great Britain's National Health Service (NHS) Buckinghampshire pilot after the scheme ends in March 2012.
- GP-led scheme could save pounds 2,000 per patient. Rimmer, Abi // GP: General Practitioner;1/21/2013, p8
The article reports on the launch of the Proactive Care Programme by Dr. Tuan Nguyen that aims to cut hospital admissions for patients with long-term conditions and save the health budget of the National Health Service in Great Britain.
- Ballot box. // GP: General Practitioner;9/16/2013, p1
Should the NHS health checks programme be scrapped?
- Health Checks trial Ca screening. Swan, David // Pulse;10/24/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 35, p10
The article discusses the cost effectiveness of cancer screening programs initiated by Great Britain National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain.
- No extra cash for telehealth. Lind, Sofia // Pulse;7/18/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 25, p8
The article reports that the British National Health Service (NHS) will need to use existing funds to support local telehealth programs as there is no additional funds to finance the commitment of government to expand the use of new technology in the health care industry.
- Values in the NHS. Vetter, N. // Journal of Public Health;Mar2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The author discusses the values as well as the health programs offered by the National Health Services (NHS) in Great Britain. It cites on the greater diversity and devolution that are underpinned by the common standards and common public service ethos. It also stresses on the free treatment...
- Client Satisfaction With English Stop Smoking Services. May, Sylvia; McEwen, Andy // Journal of Smoking Cessation;Apr2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p51
This study reports client satisfaction in five UK National Health Service (NHS) Stop Smoking Services (SSS) and examines the impact of satisfaction on outcome four weeks postquit. Six services were selected on the basis of perceived ability to run the study from a pool of 11 who responded to a...
- GP Diary. // GP: General Practitioner;5/8/2009, p5
The article presents issues related to medicine in Great Britain. Connecting for Health (CfH) chief clinical officer Professor Michael Thick delivered a speech in which he talked about the measures imposed by the National Health Service (NHS) to protect its data. Professor Alan Maynard has...
- The first year of health improvement programmes; views from directors of public health. Geller, Rosemary J. // Journal of Public Health Medicine;Mar2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p57
Background. The White Paper The new NHS, modern, dependable gave the strategic lead at the local level in the new National Health Service to Health Authorities (Boards in Scotland and Northern Ireland). They are expected to lead the development of strategies that will identify the health needs...