Brazilian health care faces harsh choices
- Answers to Your Questions. Moore, Kent J. // Family Practice Management;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p16
Answers questions related to health care management of family physicians in the United States. Problems in determining appropriate code for same-day sick patients; Ways to code and document a pre-surgery history and physical examination; Proper diagnosis code for Department of Transportation...
- Just who is the boss around here? Phelan, Shaun // New Zealand Doctor;9/26/2012, p22
The article provides an answer to a question on the role of practice manager and owner and mentions that clinical governance is a key responsibility for any general practice (GP) organisation.
- Give Staff 2 Vital Resources to Provide Optimal Care: Knowledge and Time. // Long-Term Care Survey Alert;Oct2010, Vol. 12 Issue 10, pp77
The article offers tips to ensure that the nurse staffing is well equipped to provide optimal care. Janet Gerber, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Gerber Consulting Services, says that majority of facilities that face problems are the ones that render on-the-job training (OJT)...
- A CRIAÃ‡ÃƒO DE VALOR NA GESTÃƒO DA MÃƒO DE OBRA VOLUNTÃRIA NO TERCEIRO SETOR. Ulrich Pace, Eduardo Sergio; de Oliveira, Antonio Marcos; de Alkmim, William Fabio // Revista de AdministraÃ§Ã£ao da UNIMEP;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p218
This article uses a methodology aiming at estimate the volunteer's work contribution in value generation in a Non Profit Organization in the health sector. The methodology introduced by Hoss et al. (2010) uses a model that is capable to quantify intangible assets by using a specific group of...
- 5 strategies for coordinating postacute care. Johnson, David; Burik, David // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul2010, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p70
The article discusses some strategies which can help the U.S. healthcare organizations to meet the increasing requirements relative to postacute care management. It states that they must recognize the advantages of care coordination to prevent frequent readmissions of patients. It mentions the...
- Care Management Delivers Better Health for Mlns. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on the health care management programs of the company McKesson Health Solutions which provides advanced technology for improving medical team coordination and communication among the health care managers. An upgraded version of its workflow software, CCMS has been...
- Brazilian Street Diary. Moos, Viviane // Women's Review of Books;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p16
A photo essay which documents the lives of street children in Brazil is presented.
- Global highlight: Brazil's Ethos Institute's 'Corruption Inc.'. Penteado, Claudia // Advertising Age;2/5/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p27
The article looks at how the Ethos Institute has gotten numerous Brazilian companies to sign an anti-corruption pact and is dramatizing the fight to stamp out wrongdoing with an advertising campaign and the tagline "Either Brazil ends corruption, or corruption will end Brazil." The Ethos...
- Use of deputising services and night visit rates in general practice. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/25/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6443, p471
Focuses on deputizing services and night visit rates in general practice. Advantage of deputizing services; Impact of deputizing services on night visit rates; Benefits of deputizing services on the welfare of patients.