The missing elements of the noncommunicable diseases action plan
- UN Senior Leaders Outline Needs for Global Ebola Response. // African Business News;9/4/2014, p33
No abstract available.
- World Health Organization. FITZSIMONS, David W. // Acta Medica Portuguesa;May/Jun2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p186
No abstract available.
- Making the World Health Organization Work: A Legal Framework for Universal Access to the Conditions for Health. Taylor, Allyn Lise // American Journal of Law & Medicine;1992, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p301
Improving global health conditions has been one of the most important and difficult challenges for the world community. Despite concerted efforts by international organizations, like the World Health Organization, great disparities in health conditions remain between developed and developing...
- Coping with chronic conditions. // World Health;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the role of the World Health Organization (WHO) in fighting against noncommunicable diseases. Cause and effect relationships between Chronic conditions and several factors; Information on the Mental Health Programme of WHO; Goals of the rehabilitation program.
- Globalization and public health: A new challenge for WHO? // World Health;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the challenges faced by the World Health Organization (WHO) in global delivery of health services. Impact of globalization to health care delivery; Details on transnational health threats; Positive aspects of globalization to the aim of WHO.
- Health care systems for the 21st century. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/10/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7091, p1407
Presents the findings of the World Health Organization's Seventh Consultative Committee on Primary Health Care Systems and Services for the 21st Century. Shift of health care systems toward a market approach; Need for values and vision in implementing primary health care; Need for national...
- Best buys in the battle against non-communicable diseases. McWilliams, Pauline // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;3/17/2012, Issue 649, p5
Non-communicable disease (NCDs) such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and neuropsychiatric conditions are a major global problem, accounting for about 36 million of the 57 million deaths annually. The WHO estimates that this figure will increase by 17% in the next 10 years. In...
- Chan re-appointed. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/10/2012, Vol. 184 Issue 10, pE536
The article announces that Margaret Chan has been appointed the director general of the World Health Organization.
- What would you ask Margaret Chan? Ferriman, Annabel // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/11/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7712, p98
A call for questions addressed to Margaret Chan, director general of the World Health Organization, is presented.