UN summit urges more accountability within food and beverage industry
- Tehran uses summit to challenge nuclear sanctions. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/31/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 35, p17
The article focuses on the Tehran summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), speculating that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is utilizing NAM as a platform to challenge the legitimacy of sanctions backed by the U.S. against Iran, and mentions United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon is...
- UN Chief Arrives In Turkey For Somali Conference. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;5/17/2010, p97
The article announces that United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon arrived in Istanbul, Turkey on May 21, 2010 to attend the UN Istanbul Conference on Somali and will also meet with Turkish officials during his visit.
- Press Encounter after briefing the Security Council in closed consultations. // African Business News;3/28/2014, p21
The article presents a speech by United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon delivered at his press encounter after briefing the Security Council in closed consultations held in New York on March 28, 2014, in which he discussed the crisis in Ukraine, the Nuclear Security Summit and the...
- High-profile guest at Vibrant Gujarat. // Eastern Eye;12/12/2014, Issue 1281, p18
The article reports that Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary General, is set to be part of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2015 during his two-day visit to the home state of prime minister Narendra Modi on January 10 and 11, 2015.
- UN CHIEF WELCOMES ANTI-PIRACY STRATEGY ADOPTED BY LEADERS FROM WEST, CENTRAL AFRICA. // African Business News;6/27/2013, p52
The article presents the statement from United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to support the adoption by a summit of African leaders of a regional strategy against piracy and other illegal maritime activities in West and Central Africa. Participants' high level of engagement and...
- 'For the sake of all humanity'. Epps, Kenneth // Ploughshares Monitor;Autumn2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p3
Information about the United Nations (UN) Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) conference held in July 2012 is presented. It states that the event aims to discuss a global ATT to better govern international transfers of conventional weapons. It discusses the opening address of UN Secretary-General Ban...
- DISCURSO. KI-MOON, BAN // Parcerias EstratÃ©gicas;dez2012, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p341
No abstract available.
- Readout of Secretary-General's meetings at Mozambique's National Assembly. // African Business News;5/20/2013, p28
Information about the meeting between United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and the National Assembly of Mozambique president Veronica Nataniel Macamo Dhlovo held in New York City on May 20, 2013 is presented. During the event, Ki-moon congratulated Dhlovo for being the first lady...
- Nairobi's Lucky Year. NYANDONG, EDGAR // Diplomat East Africa;Feb2015, p21
The article focuses on international events held in Nairobi, Kenya in 2014. Topics discussed include United Nations Environmental Assembly (UNEA) held in June in which members of the United Nations discussed issues related to environment and it was attended by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon,...