The Way We Were
- Wyoming's North Platte Freestone Water. Walinchus, Rod // Fly Fisherman;Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p40
Describes freestone waters of North Platte River in Wyoming. Origin of the freestone section; Abundance of wild rainbow and brown trout in the river upstream; Description of the upper and lower sections of the North Platte River; Changes in downstream topography; Suitability of the freestone...
- Yellowstone's fishing hotspots. // Outdoor Life;Aug92, Vol. 190 Issue 2, p12
Reports that US Fish and Wildlife surveys indicate that the average reported size of trout in Yellowstone National Park was nearly one-half inch longer in 1990 than the average size in 1988, the year of the fire. How fire and ash have actually been a benefit to the park's larger streams.
- Trout found. // Field & Stream;Aug91, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p56
Announces that the Maryland branch of Trout Unlimited has discovered a trout population in the East Branch of the Patapsco River in Carroll County.
- Winter trout. Reynolds, J. // Field & Stream;Nov91, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p64
Discusses the Pennsylvania Fish Commission's winter trout stocking program. Tells where to obtain more information.
- Trout stocking increased. J.R.; Reynolds, Joe // Field & Stream;Mar1993, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p78
Discusses the trout stocking program in Vermont. Fish-rearing capabilities of the new Ed Weed Fish Culture Station; Total of fingerling trout stocked throughout the state; Comments from Fish and Wildlife Commissioner Timothy Van Zandt.
- Catching rainbows in California. Charnoski, J.; al, et // Backpacker;Feb1991, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p70
Describes the Golden Trout Wilderness Area and Rockhouse Basin at the southern end of California's Sierra Nevada. Trout fishing; Kern River; Travel information.
- MIRACULOUS METOLIUS. Yuskavitch, Jim // Fly Fisherman;May2004, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p40
Presents information on year-round hatches, redside rainbows and bull trout in central Oregon.
- BRIGHT ANGEL FISH KILL. // Fly Fisherman;Sep2004, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the rainbow and brown trout in Bright Angel Creek in Arizona's Grand Canyon National Park and restoration of endangered native species in the Colorado River.
- NEW TRUCHAS SPECIES. // Fly Fisherman;Sep2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p26
The article presents information about native Mexican trout species.