- Lek Organization and Mating Strategies in the Bullfrog. Emlen, Stephen T. // Behavioral Ecology & Sociobiology;1976, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p283
1. The mating behavior of a dense population of bullfrogs (Rana catesbaiana) in central Michigan was studied intensively for two summers. Frogs were measured to allow age estimation and marked with waistbands for individual identification. 2. Bullfrog breeding was typified by a long mating...
- Conservation Implications of Spatial Habitat Use by Adult Giant Bullfrogs (Pyxicephalus adspersus). YETMAN, CAROLINE A.; FERGUSON, J. WILLEM H. // Journal of Herpetology;Mar2011, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p56
No abstract available.
- Bullfrog. Hennefrund, Bet // Ranger Rick;Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p21
Presents a photograph of a bullfrog.
- Frog. Vance, Joel // Field & Stream;Jun96, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p37
Narrates the author's experiences on grabbing bullfrogs in the dark. Equipment; Hand-grabbing process; Comparison with hunting.
- Huh? Strange, Wil B. // Campus Life;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p71
Comments on a photograph of a four-year-old child giving a kiss to a bullfrog named `Leapin' Lizzie' before a frog-jumping contest.
- Bullfrog battle redux. BURTCH, BOB // Canadian Geographic;Jun2013, Vol. 133 Issue 3, p23
A letter to the editor in response to an article on bullfrog and disappearance of frogs and herons from Canada, published in a previous issue of the journal is presented.
- Bullfrog battle redux. WHITEHOUSE, PATTIE // Canadian Geographic;Jun2013, Vol. 133 Issue 3, p23
A letter to the editor in response to an article on bullfrog eggs in Canada, published in a previous issue of the journal is presented.
- Camp Chat. // Backpacker;May2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p30
The article features the non-native bullfrog found in the Atlantic Coast of the U.S.
- Cunning contraceptions. Taylor, Robin // Ecos;Apr-Jun98, Issue 95, p20
Focuses on immuno-contraception techniques being developed by researchers at the Vertebrate Biocontrol CRC in Australia, for the control of rabbits, mice and foxes. Description of the techniques and how these techniques work; Information on a strain of Salmonella developed by molecular...