- Forests of mystery. Webster, Tim // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/29/96, Issue 18, p48
Reports on zoologist Steve Richards's of Queensland's James Cook University, doctoral research into the ecology and population dynamics of frogs in the wet tropics of Australia, and his discovery of the disappearance of half of a community. Difficulty in finding reasons for decline of frogs in...
- Backyard wildlife. Comben, Pat // Wildlife Australia;Autumn97, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the factors which have contributed to the decline in the frog population in Australia. Drainage of swamps and channelization of creeks during city expansion efforts; Information on the species of frogs listed on the endangered list; Impact of pesticides on the health of frogs.
- Fancy (Webbed) Footwork. Dell'Amore, Christine // National Geographic;July2015, Vol. 228 Issue 1, preceding p30
The article informs 14 new species of thumb-size dancing frogs have been discovered in tropical forests of Western Ghats in India wherein males, outnumbering females, perch on rocks and wave their feet vigorously to catch the eye of potential mates, and also to intimidate other males.
- Feeding ecology of the Balkan Water frog (Pelophylax kurtmuelleri) in Greece with emphasis on habitat effect. PLITSI, Panayiota; KOUMAKI, Mando; BEI, Vassiliki; PAFILIS, Panayiotis; POLYMENI, Rosa Maria // North-Western Journal of Zoology;Dec2016, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p292
The Balkan Water frog (Pelophylax kurtmuelleri) is the most widespread frog in Greece, occurring also in Albania, Montenegro and Serbia and recently introduced in Italy and Denmark. However, its biology remains surprisingly understudied. Here we assess for the first time the feeding ecology of...
- The Same but Different. Goldish, Meish // Amazing Water Frogs;2010, p6
The article offers information on the habitats of frogs.
- Frog lore. Tiggelen, John van // Ecos;Spring95, Issue 85, p8
Reports on the gradual disappearance of stream-dwelling frog species from Queensland rainforests. Efforts of Jean-Marc Hero to locate four missing rainforest frog species at Thornton Peak; Possible cause for the disappearance; Results of studies investigating the issue; Work done to isolate the...
- Freaky Frog Mystery. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);9/6/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p2
Provides a guideline for elementary teachers in discussing frog deformities in line with the environment.
- RUNAWAY BULLFROGS INVADE VANCOUVER ISLAND. Santerre, Jason // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 25 Issue 161, p87
Describes the effect of the increase in the population of bullfrogs in Vancouver, British Columbia. How the frogs were introduced in Vancouver; Disturbances caused by the bullfrogs; Actions taken to decrease the population of bullfrogs.
- INSIDE OUT. Myers, Burton J. // Ontario Out of Doors;Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on topics discussing the existence frogs in Ontario. Frog species; Physical features; Habitat preference.