American and Fowler's Toads
- Genetic and Reproductive Evidence of Natural Hybridization between the Sister Species Rhinella atacamensis and Rhinella arunco (Anura, Bufonidae). Correa, Claudio L.; Me´ndez, Marco A.; Veloso, Alberto; Sallaberry, Michel // Journal of Herpetology;Dec2012, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p568
Rhinella atacamensis and Rhinella arunco are sister species which, together, are distributed from 25Â°S to 38Â°S in Chile. Until recently they were considered to be allopatric, with the dividing line around 32Â°S, but in 2007 a possible zone of secondary contact was found in the Estero...
- Follow the yellow brick toad. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar92, Issue 130, p16
Reports that a two-lane underpass for toads was built under France's newest autoroute which connects Chambrey and Albertville. Well-used path of colony of rare toads; Why it is two lanes.
- Tiny toads sport designer backpacks. // Current Science;4/26/91, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p3
Uses humorous fictional toad, Felicia Flycatcher, to explain how scientists are using transmitters to track toads for research work.
- Too many toads. // Ranger Rick;Mar94, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the destruction caused by South American toads in Florida. Consumption of area toads and frogs; Toxicity.
- Endangered toad adopted. // Ranger Rick;Mar94, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p7
Reports on measures made by Guanica, Puerto Rico locals to protect the crested toad. Fund raising; Creation of a special pond.
- First the plague; now the feds. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;09/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the released of 5,000 toadlets into the Middle Boulder Creek drainage at Lost Lake in the Rocky Mountains. Reason for the release.
- Backpacking toad gets travel bug. // New Scientist;10/3/92, Vol. 136 Issue 1841, p11
Reports on a study that was part of a campaign to save a population of endangered green toads living near Strasbourg airport in France. Description of the research; Undertaken by Gerard Baumgart and four colleagues from the French conservation charity Patrons of Science and Art; This group of...
- Tale of a Toad. // Weekly Reader News Edition 4-6;9/2/2011, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that scientists in Malaysia discovered a Sambas stream toad, a species that had not been since 1924.
- Tale of a Toad. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;9/2/2011, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on scientists' having seen three Sambas stream toads, which had been thought of as extinct amphibians, in Malaysia.