ONE WAY OUT
- 'WE ARE KIDNAPPED.'. Hammer, Joshua; Knight, Gary // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/12/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6278, p78
Focuses on the escalating terrorism in the Middle East fueled by suicide attacks and guerrilla war between Israel and Palestine. Illustration of the situation by the author and his team who was kidnapped by terrorists; Description of how serious the security situation in the area has become.
- Q&A. // Junior Scholastic;11/13/2000, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p9
Answers questions about the political histories of Israel and Palestine.
- Chronology of Events. Hirbawi, Najat // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p120
Presents a chronology of events related to Palestine-Israeli's politics, economics, and culture as of January to April 2003. Deportation of seven Belgians; Palestinian suicide bombers in a bus station; Submission of a formal request to the U.S. for a special package in military aid and in loan...
- Amendment of Palestinian Covenant. McCurry, Mike // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;4/22/96, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p203
Presents an excerpt of a statement by the White House Press Secretary applauding the Palestine National Council's vote to revoke the sections of the Palestinian Covenant that called for the destruction of the state Israel.
- Trends in Israeli and Palestinian Public Opinion. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2004/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p125
Examines a round-table discussion at the American Colony Hotel in Jerusalem on the subject of public opinion in Israel and Palestine. View that the public almost always precedes the leaders concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict; Disengagement plan; Domestic balance of power.
- Whose Money Is It? // America;3/13/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 9, p4
Considers former U.S. President Jimmy Carter's reaction to the decision of the Israeli government to freeze its monthly transfer of $45 million in tax rebates and customs payments to the Palestinian Authority in response to the victory of Hamas representatives in the recently held Palestinian...
- Period Between Elections Critical Time in Holy Land. // America;3/27/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 11, p7
Reports on a statement issued by U.S. Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick on March 10, 2006 noting that the Holy Land is at a critical moment in its history following the Hamas victory in Palestinian elections and preceding the Israeli elections on March 28. Impact of both elections on keeping the...
- PEACE OFFERING. // New Republic;5/1/89, Vol. 200 Issue 18, p7
Focuses on the efforts for a peace negotiation between Israel and Palestine. Proposal of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir for a negotiation over the status of the occupied territories; Reaction of Palestinian authorities to the proposal of Shamir; Implications of Shamir's proposal for the...
- EGYPT-REPORT REVOLUTION. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);2/19/2011, Vol. 138 Issue 1238, p10
The article reports on the impact of the popular revolution in Egypt to Israel and Palestine. It states that the American Jewish leaders think that the revolutionary changes in Egypt can cause danger to Israel. It also mentions that Palestinians, on the other hand, consider that a new...