- The Future of ESL Assessment? // Language Magazine;Dec2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that the nonprofit group Educational Testing Service (ETS) has published the study "Creating a Next-Generation System of K-12 English Learner (EL) Language Proficiency Assessments" which discusses the history of the English language proficiency (ELP) assessment systems.
- Nonpartisan Voter Resources Offered to Spanish-Speaking Californians. // La Prensa San Diego;9/7/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p3
The article informs that all the people including non English speakers of California are eligible for putting their votes in upcoming presidential elections as announced by California Secretary of State Debra Bowen.
- When traveling, a lot can be lost in translation. Storm, Robbis // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/25/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p6A
The article focuses on the travel instructions implemented by several countries of non-English speakers including Japan, China, and Russia which create a loss in translation, since they have no monopoly on using words in a way that amuses rather than communicates.
- Stand up for the minority. Robertson, R. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/30/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4491, p27
A letter to the editor about non-English speaking employees in the British hospitality industry is presented.
- Ohio Courts More Accessible. // Capitol Ideas;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on Ohio courts accessibility program called The Cleveland Plain Dealer aimed at providing easier access to the court rooms for non-English speakers.
- THE SCOPE 100. // Scholastic Scope;10/15/2007, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p21
The article offers an English language vocabulary and word meaning test.
- EU's proposed policies are unfair and unsafe. Griffiths, Helen // British Journal of Nursing;10/24/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p1234
Reports that the European Union (EU) is considering the possibility of EU nurses being able to work in any EU country without registering with the host state's nursing regulatory body. Protection of patients from nurses who may have been removed from the nursing register in their own countries;...
- Brazilians Go West After Failing UK English Test. // Language Magazine;Aug2012, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p16
The article offers information on the graduate and postgraduate students who were planning to go to Great Britain Universities but had come to the U.S. after failing the Great Britain English test.
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;6/2/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p7
The article offers news briefs related to schools in the U.S. The school district in Catskill,New York selected Pearson Inform and Pearson AllOneSystem from Pearson School Systems for data management. Public schools in District of Columbia purchased a suite of instructional management solutions...