Judge rules tentatively against Teamsters in Visalia case
- Class-action lawsuit filed against JM Eagle. // Underground Construction;Nov2010, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of private water utilities and commercial property owners against JM Eagle in 2010 in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California.
- 'Tourists see value of eco-tax.' Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/12/2003, Issue 2563, p7
Reports that tourists see the value of eco-tax in Balearics Island. Opposition by operators to the eco-tax; Areas where the money will go; Impact of the tax from hoteliers' perspectives.
- Denmark unveils green taxes. // In Business;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p11
Reports that Denmark has unveiled a package of green taxes to cut emissions of carbon dioxide. Estimated revenue of the taxes; Method of taxing.
- GOP claims Clinton is considering a tax on carbon emissions and fuels. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/2/96, Vol. 250 Issue 23, p5
Focuses on the claims made by Republicans on the alleged plans of US President Bill Clinton to implement taxes on carbon emissions and the Btu content of fossil fuels. Clinton's statement on the risks of global warming and the greenhouse effect.
- 'Taxes and laws threaten growth'. // Travel Weekly (UK);3/5/2010, Vol. 5, p6
The article focuses on the possible effects that environmental taxes and regulation in Europe might have on the tourism industry in Great Britain.
- Environmental Taxation in an Optimal Tax Framework with Multiattribute Analysis. Sadler, Thomas R. // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p594
Investigates the portfolio problem of environmental taxation. Criteria included in optimal tax; Case study of the vehicle emissions in the United States to analyze policy options and trade-offs.
- Environmental cleanups in city to incur tax. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;02/17/97, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p1
Announces the implementation of environmental sales-tax collections on environmental remediation in Tucson, Arizona effective March 1, 1997. Remediation contracting services; Taxable activities; Opposition from the business organizations.
- Saving the green: Who should pay for environmental cleanup costs? Black, Christine // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p671
Opinion. Comments on the tax treatment of environmental remediation cleanup costs in the United States. Internal Revenue Service's Revenue Ruling 94-38 addressing the tax treatment of environmental cleanup costs; Incidental repairs test; Increase in value test.
- Cleanup lawsuit focuses on Superfund cite costs. Cataldo, Anthony // Electronic News (10616624);10/3/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2034, p44
Reports on the lawsuit filed before the US District Court for the Northern District, by Raytheon and Intel against General Instrument Corp. and Siltec Corp. for their refusal to contribute in soil study costs made. Previous agreement on remediation cost.