Alimentary fluoride intake in preschool children
- Eating in Groups. // Pediatrics for Parents;2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the study conducted by the University of Michigan that children eat more when they are in groups. Dr. Julie Lumeng and her colleague evaluated the data from 54 preschool aged children. The children that ate in groups of nine ate 30% more than children that ate in groups of...
- PRESCHOOL CHILDREN'S HEALTHY LIFE ATTITUDES IN GREECE. Natsiopoulou, T.; Tzolia, K.; Laloumi-Vidali, E. // Health Science Journal;2007, Issue 2, p1
The present paper discusses the eating habits, the personal hygiene rules and the physical activities of 192 parents and their children, aged 3â€“4. The research demonstrated that: a) As far as diet is concerned, the children/subjects were mostly following a Mediterranean type of diet,...
- Educational intervention improved preschoolers' heart health. // Endocrine Today;Dec2013, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p17
The article reports that according to a new study, a structured curriculum involving Sesame Streets Health Habits for Life materials helped preschoolers in Bogota, Colombia, to improve their food habits and lifestyle.
- Preschool Children's Perceptions of Food and Their Food Experiences. Matheson, Donna; Spranger, Kristina; Saxe, Amy // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p85
Objective: Developmental theory suggests that children learn from their experiences. However, little is known about preschool children's interpretation of their daily food experiences. Therefore, the purpose of this research was to describe the criteria preschool children use to classify foods...
- Chow Line: Start early to teach healthy eating. Filipic, Martha // High Plains Journal;1/19/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 3, p16B
The article presents an answer to a question on how to efficiently teach preschool how to eat healthy.
- Sugar tax won't address obesity. // Food Manufacture;Oct2013, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p12
The article discusses the results of a study that showed tax on sugary drinks would be offset by consumers switching to other unhealthy foods.
- A systematic review of types of healthy eating interventions in preschools. Mikkelsen, Mette V.; Husby, Sofie; Skov, Laurits R.; Perez-Cueto, Federico J. A. // Nutrition Journal;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background With the worldwide levels of obesity new venues for promotion of healthy eating habits are necessary. Considering children's eating habits are founded during their preschool years early educational establishments are a promising place for making health promoting interventions. Methods...
- Ultimate Nutrition Game for Mexican American Preschoolers. Mier, Nelda; Piziak,, Veronica; Valdez, Lupita // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p325
The article reports on the development of the Ultimate Nutrition Game, a culturally appropriate nutrition game for Mexican American preschool children developed by researchers in College Station, Texas. The staff from a Head Start program in a South Texas border city and faculty from Texas A&M...
- Familial Transmission of Eating Behaviors in Preschool-aged Children. Jahnke, D�rte L.; Warschburger, Petra A. // Obesity (19307381);Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1821
The article discusses the findings of a study on the influence of maternal eating behavior on the eating behavior of preschool-aged children and the sex-related differences in the transmission of eating behaviors, conducted in Germany. The study involved a total of 142 mothers of children...