HIV Risk and Associations of HIV Infection among men who have sex with men in Peri-Urban Cape Town, South Africa
- Implicaciones del VIH/SIDA en la biografÃa de varones con prÃ¡cticas homoerÃ³ticas en la Ciudad de MÃ©xico. Gallego-Montes, Gabriel // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;mar2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p141
Objective. To determine the changes in the biography of men with homoerotic practices in the times of AIDS. Material and Methods. A retrospective (biographical) survey was administered during the first semester of 2006 to 250 gay/homosexual men in Mexico City. Based on this survey, 633 couple...
- A Daily Web Diary of the Sexual Experiences of Men who have Sex with Men: Comparisons with a Retrospective Recall Survey. Horvath, Keith J.; Beadnell, Blair; Bowen, Anne M. // AIDS & Behavior;Jul2007, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p537
The emergence of Internet technology provides a unique opportunity to collect real-time information on the sexual behaviors of persons at risk for HIV. However, relatively little is known of the utility and reliability of web diaries. To address this gap, 45 predominantly Caucasian and gay,...
- Knowing HIV Status Crucial in Cancer Treatment. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/17/2015, Vol. 313 Issue 7, p660
The article discusses a study which showed that people with HIV infection have a high risk of AIDS-related cancers and other cancers, published in the journal "Preventing Chronic Disease."
- Uncircumcised men with HPV may be more likely to acquire HIV than men who do not have HPV. // Infectious Disease News;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses research on the risk of acquiring HIV in uncircumsized men with human papillomavirus (HPV), by J. S. Smith and colleagues, published in the "Journal of Infecitous Diseases."
- Study links HIV, STD infection risk with rape for poor, urban women. // Nation's Health;Apr95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p11
Focuses on a study which evaluated urban women in the cities of New York, Miami and San Francisco, which indicates that rape was strongly associated with factors linked to HIV infections. Kathleen L. Irvin; Data from the Multicenter Study of Crack Cocaine and HIV Infections; Center for Disease...
- Secondary Data Issues and Non-generalizability of Findings. Desgrosseilliers, Elysia // AIDS & Behavior;Apr2014, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p644
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Role of Individual and Neighborhood Factors: HIV Acquisition Risk Among High-Risk Populations in San Francisco," by H. F. Raymond and colleagues.
- Condom Use with Female Sex Workers among Male Clients in Sichuan Province, China: The Role of Interpersonal and Venue-Level Factors. Cui Yang; Latkin, Carl; Luan, Rongsheng; Nelson, Kenrad // Journal of Urban Health;Mar2010, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p292
Commercial sex work has re-emerged as a widespread industry since China started economic reforms in the 1980s. This study examined the role of interpersonal and venue-level factors in commercial sex male clients' (CSMCs) condom use with female sex workers (FSWs) in China. Given the heterogeneity...
- Money Boys, HIV Risks, and the Associations between Norms and Safer Sex: A Respondent-Driven Sampling Study in Shenzhen, China. Hongjie Liu; Hui Liu; Yumao Cai; Rhodes, Anne; Fuchang Hong // AIDS & Behavior;Aug2009, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p652
Money boys (MBs) are male sex workers who sell sex to men who have sex with men (MSM). This study estimates the proportion of MBs in the Chinese MSM, compares HIV risks between MBs and non-MB MSM, and examines the associations between practicing safer sex and peer norms of condom use....
- Racial Mixing and HIV Risk Among Men Who Have Sex with Men. Raymond, H. Fisher; McFarland, Willi // AIDS & Behavior;Aug2009, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p630
We conducted a cross-sectional survey of MSM using a time-location-sampling design in San Francisco during 2007â€“2008. The investigation focused on the selection of sexual partners, partner preferences, perceptions of HIV risk, and social mixing with respect to race/ethnicity. The sample...