High prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency and its association with obesity and metabolic syndrome among Malay adults in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Vitamin D Status in Moroccan Patients with Pemphigus. Bouaddi, M.; Bouaddi, I.; Jouid, K.; Benzzi, H.; Abouqal, R.; Allali, F.; Hajjaj-Hassouni, N.; Hassam, B. // British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p50
Objective: The aim of this study was to assess the vitamin D status and the factors that may influence this vitamin in Moroccan patients with pemphigus. Study Design: Case-control study. Place and Duration of Study: Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital of Rabat- SalÃ© between...
- Vitamin D Deficiency in Healthy Male Population: Results of the Iranian Multi- Center Osteoporosis Study. Rahnavard, Z.; Eybpoosh, S.; Rezaei Homami, M.; Aghaei Meybodi, H. R.; Azemati, B.; Heshmat, R.; Larijani, B. // Iranian Journal of Public Health;2010, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p45
Background: The prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and its causative factors has been estimated more frequently in elder population, women, and patients with osteoporosis in different countries, but this issue is less defined in male population within different age groups especially in Asian...
- Vitamin D Status: A Different Story in the Very Young versus the Very Old Romanian Patients. Chirita-Emandi, Adela; Socolov, Demetra; Haivas, Carmen; Calapiș, Anca; Gheorghiu, Cristina; Puiu, Maria // PLoS ONE;May2015, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Background: In Romania (latitude 48Â°15â€™N to 43Â°40â€™N), vitamin D supplementation is common practice mostly in infants 0-1 year old. No published information is available regarding epidemiological data on vitamin D status in the Romanian population for a wide age range and...
- Introduction of oral vitamin D supplementation and the rise of the allergy pandemic. Wjst, Matthias // Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology;2009, Vol. 5, p1
The history of the allergy pandemic is well documented, enabling us to put the vitamin D hypothesis into its historical context. The purpose of this study is to compare the prevalence of rickets, vitamin D supply, and allergy prevalence at 50-year intervals by means of a retrospective analysis...
- Tip of the month. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Advises residents in the Southern United States to take vitamin D supplements from the month of October through March.
- The forgotten nutrient for healthy bones. Fletcher, Anne M. // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p54
Reports on vitamin D in human nutrition. Role of vitamin D in the human body; Effect of deficiency of vitamin D in the elderly; Getting the right amount; Sunlight as source. INSET: D-lightful dishes..
- SI to C. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May95, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p38
Presents a tip on how to augment one's vitamin C intake. Alternative sources of vitamin C.
- Birth cohort effects among US-born adults born in the 1980s: foreshadowing future trends in US obesity prevalence. Robinson, W R; Keyes, K M; Utz, R L; Martin, C L; Yang, Y // International Journal of Obesity;Mar2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p448
Background:Obesity prevalence stabilized in the US in the first decade of the 2000s. However, obesity prevalence may resume increasing if younger generations are more sensitive to the obesogenic environment than older generations.Methods:We estimated cohort effects for obesity prevalence among...
- Multis: Two Is Not Twice as Nice. // Environmental Nutrition;May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p7
Answers a question on taking 800 international units of vitamin D for bone health.