Prevalence and socioeconomic correlates of overweight and obesity among Pakistani primary school children
- 25th Anniversary State-of-the-Art Expert Discussion With Mark L. Wulkan, MD, on the Evolution of Pediatric Obesity Surgery. Ostlie, Daniel J. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Mar2015, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p173
No abstract available.
- Study Exposes Risk of Nutritional Deficiencies in Obese Teens. // Today's Dietitian;Jul2014, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
No abstract available.
- Mapping service activity: the example of
childhood obesity schemes in England. Aicken, Catherine; Roberts, Helen; Arai, Lisa // BMC Public Health;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p310
Background: Childhood obesity is high on the policy agenda of wealthier nations, and many interventions have been developed to address it. This work describes an overview of schemes for obese and overweight children and young people in England, and the 'mapping' approach we used. Methods: Our...
- Endocrine Society releases new clinical practice guidelines on pediatric obesity. Kalvaitis, Katie // Endocrine Today;10/25/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p15
The article focuses on clinical practice guidelines on pediatric obesity released by the Endocrine Society which recommend lifestyle modification, pharmacology, bariatric surgery as treatment options for obese children.
- Halting the childhood obesity epidemic requires support of many communities. Kind, Ron // Hill;2/8/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p20
The article presents information on the growing concern over childhood obesity epidemic, and that it requires support of many communities to stop it.
- Journal Watch. // Pulse;9/6/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 31, p15
The article highlights several medical research published in prominent medical journals. It includes a study about the benefits of Bariatric surgery in the treatment of obesity in the "New England Journal of Medicine," treatment of gestational diabetes as a trigger in reducing childhood obesity...
- Bariatric surgery highlights in the International Journal of Obesity. Atkinson, R L; Macdonald, I // International Journal of Obesity;Mar2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p327
An introduction to a series of topics related to bariatric surgery is presented which includes obesity research and the significance of the said type of surgery.
- (HEALTH RESEARCH) NIH Funds Studies of Home Causes of Obesity. // Community Health Funding Week;3/12/2010, p12
The article reports on the funding program "Home and Family Based Approaches for the Prevention or Management of Overweight or Obesity in Early Childhood," initiated by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, for state, county, city or township governments and other specified entities. The goal...
- A randomised controlled trial of a community-based healthy lifestyle program for overweight and obese adolescents: the Loozit study protocol. Shrewsbury, Vanessa A.; O'Connor, Janice; Steinbeck, Katharine S.; Stevenson, Kate; Lee, Anthea; Hill, Andrew J.; Kohn, Michael R.; Shah, Smita; Torvaldsen, Siranda; Baur, Louise A. // BMC Public Health;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p119
Background: There is a need to develop sustainable and clinically effective weight management interventions that are suitable for delivery in community settings where the vast majority of overweight and obese adolescents should be treated. This study aims to evaluate the effect of additional...