A registry-based follow-up study, comparing the incidence of cardiovascular disease in native Danes and immigrants born in Turkey, Pakistan and the former Yugoslavia: do social inequalities play a role?
- Development of venous occlusions in mice transgenic for the pasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene. Erickson, L.A.; Fici, G.J. // Nature;7/5/1990, Vol. 346 Issue 6279, p74
Presents the development of transgenic mice in which the contribution of plasminogen activator inhibitor to thrombus formation could be evaluated. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Rofecoxib CV risks: earlier confirmation was possible. // Reactions Weekly;7/21/2012, Issue 1411, p4
The article discusses research being done on cardiovascular events reporting in the rofecoxib, referencing a study by D. Madigan et al., published in the July 3, 2012 issue of "American Heart Journal."
- Cortisol concentration linked to acute coronary syndrome. // Endocrine Today;Jun2010, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on a study about the impact of serum cortisol levels on increased cardiovascular mortality in patients with chronic heart failure.
- Author comment. Jette, Diane U // Physical Therapy;Feb1996, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p148
Opinion. Views on the study by the author and colleague `The Relationship of Cardiovascular and Psychological Impairments to the Health Status of Patients Enrolled in Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs,' in the `Physical Therapy,' journal, February 1996 issue, Volume 76, Number 2.
- JAMA Theme Issue in Cardiovascular Disease Call for Papers. Gaziano, J. Michael; Greenland, Philip; Peterson, Eric D. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/16/2014, Vol. 312 Issue 3, p239
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the guidelines for manuscripts on cardiovascular disease to- be considered for publication.
- Hand on Heart researchers turns attention to the need for new cardiovascular knowledge. // Tennessee Tribune;9/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p4B
The article focuses on the efforts of the Hands on Heart researchers to obtain further knowledge about cardiovascular diseases.
- Trial Scorecards. // Cardiology Today;Oct2013, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
The article presents executive summaries of results available for important trials in cardiology, including the patterns of nonadherence to antiplatelet regimens in stented patients, an endothelin receptor antagonist in pulmonary arterial hypertension, and an aliskiren quantitative...
- Effect of Aspirin Use on Thiazolidinediones and Cardiovascular Events. Lipscombe, Lorraine L.; Alter, David A. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/2/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 13, p1539
A response by the author to a letter about her article "Thiazolidinediones and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Older Patients With Diabetes" from the December 12, 2007 article is presented.
- No assocation found between CYP2C19 gentype, CV events. // Cardiology Today;Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses research being done on CYP2C19 gene and cardiovascular (CV) events, referencing a study by M. Holmes et al., published in a 2011 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association."