MapChart: Software for the Graphical Presentation of Linkage Maps and QTLs
- WORLD Child. Kanno, Lindsey // Creative Kids;Summer2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p8
Describes the physical characteristics inherited by an eight-year-old girl from Rhode Island who has a Scottish mother and a Japanese father.
- Competing Influences. Mlyniec, Vicky // Parenting;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p65
Presents an article about parenting. What a mother feels when a father's physical features are more dominant on their child; Characteristic traits that children get from their parents; Lessons learned from the competition between mother and father.
- Hormonally mediated inheritance of acquired characteristics in Mongolian gerbils. Clark, Mertice M.; Karpiuk, Peter // Nature;8/19/1993, Vol. 364 Issue 6439, p712
Examines and experiment showing hormonally mediated inheritance of acquired characteristics in Mongolian gerbils. Effect on adult behavior and morphology of the intrauterine position a rodent fetus occupies; Testosterone crossing on fetal membranes; Inheritance of phenotypes by female gerbils.
- Snyder's ratios with incomplete penetrance. Otto, P.A.; Frota-Pessoa, O. // Journal of Heredity;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p331
Discusses the development of general procedures to deal with variable penetrance. Defects of the method for testing the hypothesis of dominant monofactorial inheritance; Analysis of tongue-rolling ability; Presentation of five penetrance models.
- acquired. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p33
A definition of the medical term "acquired," which refers to a condition that is not hereditary or innate, is presented.
- acquisitus. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p33
A synonym for the medical term "acquisitus" is presented.
- What Will a Baby Look Like? Miles, Lester F. // Saturday Evening Post;
A quiz about a child's inheritance of physical characteristics from parents is presented.
- Inheritance of acquired characteristics revisited. Landman, Otto E. // BioScience;Nov93, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p696
Assesses the role of the inheritance of acquired characteristics in evolution in terms of molecular genetics. Focus on the phenomonology of sudden, induced and inherited massive change in a particular character; Description of prototype systems; History of ideas concerning inheritance of...
- Examples of extranucleic acquired inheritance systems. // BioScience;Nov93, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p698
Presents examples of extranucleic acquired inheritance systems. Heritable loss of cell walls in wild-type Bacillus subtilis; Heritable maintenance of the induced state in Escherichia coli bacteria; Cortical inheritance in ciliates.