LEADERSHIP AT HOME AND ABROAD
- Statistics you need to know... // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p30
The article presents statistics related to personnel management in Great Britain including qualifying period for unfair dismissal, statutory maternity pay policy and paid annual leave policy.
- Employers still lag on engagement. // Human Resources (09648380);Nov2009, p8
The article presents two statistics on the lack of ability of employers to engage their staff and their failure to conduct employee engagement surveys in Great Britain.
- LEGAL STATISTICS. // People Management;12/9/2010, p30
The article presents legal statistics related to personnel management in Great Britain as of December 9, 2010 including the maternity/adoption pay rate, paternity/partner's pay, and tribunal compensation limits.
- Managers just weren't thinking about people. // People Management;Jul2016, p29
The article discusses the personnel management of Great Britain-based automation company ABB. Topics covered include the human resources team's creation of a three-step program to encourage managers to think and act like leaders, goal of the leadership principles model to encourage greater...
- Facilitating informal learning in nursing. Corrigan, Siobhán; Curtis, Elizabeth // British Journal of Healthcare Management;2017, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p22
This article highlights the critical importance of facilitating and sustaining informal learning in healthcare settings and discusses how distributed leadership can promote the ongoing collaboration required to enhance the way informal learning is cultivated and existing knowledge and...
- INDICATOR. // People Management;8/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p47
The article presents statistics related to people management in Great Britain, including the number of jobs created, pay rate for redundancy pay and pay rate for national minimum wage.
- Public sector HR: tough times ahead. // Personnel Today;2/9/2010, p10
The article focuses on the public sector personnel management. It discusses various challenges faced by Human resources (HR) management in the public sector. According to a report by the Great Britain's Office for National Statistics (ONS), a public sector pay with bonuses was 459 pound per week...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.