- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS. // People Management;Oct2011, p16
This section offers news briefs on employee relations in Great Britain as of October 2011. According to a trade union survey, 40 percent of train manufacturing suppliers plan to make job losses, in addition to the 3,000 skilled jobs under threat in Derby. As a result of plans to end its defined...
- WORDS OF WISDOM. // Coaching at Work;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p11
The article presents quotes from college professor Beverly Alimo-Metcalfe on the significance of conversations in culture change, author and lecturer Tal Ben-Shahar on appreciating the good in life and human resource director Brenda Handley-Howorth on collaborative leadership.
- Amey boosts flex take-up. // Employee Benefits;Oct2009, p9
The article reports on the move of Amey PLC to expand flexible benefits scheme and staff engagement in Great Britain. It notes that the company has allowed 15% of its staff to avail the scheme which is higher compared to 2% during the launch of the scheme in 2009. According to the company's head...
- A question of leadership. Roberts, Yvonne // New Statesman;2/10/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4624, p16
Presents the results of a study commissioned by Great Britain's Improvement and Development Agency to offer suggestions on how to judge whether a boss is guided by professionalism or prejudice. Research conducted by Beverly Alimo-Metcalfe, professor of leadership studies at Leeds University;...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
- Untitle. // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article presents information on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on Apple Inc., Google Inc., and Virgin Group.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;12/3/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p7
This section offers employment management-related news briefs in Great Britain including the increase in the number of older workers and the recommendation by health expert Dr. Steve Boorman that the government improve the staff's health and well-being.
- MASTER: CLASS. // Management Today;Feb2010, p20
The article focuses on the implementation of management by walking around (MBWA) as an effective management theory to communicate and manage rank and file employees in Great Britain.