ON MY AGENDA
- Impact of angels. Abdul-Raheem, Tajudeen // New Internationalist;Aug2000, Issue 326, p20
Comments on the role that international non-governmental organizations (NGO) are playing in Africa. Dominance and control over civil society in the region; Operation of structural-adjustment programmed; Problems associted with Western NGOs.
- POLITICAL FACILITATION OF ADULT EDUCATION: THE EXPERIENCE OF EASTERN EUROPE AND THE CIS. Malitikov, Yefim M.; van de Coevering, Patrick // Convergence;2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p19
Describes the unique model of an interstate coordinating structure, including state representatives of higher governmental rank and nongovernmental organization (NGO) actually existing in practice. Critique of the International Council for Adult Education structure and its methods of knowledge...
- Green groups publish chemical blacklist. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Oct2008, Issue 405, p24
The article reports that Brussels-based non-government organization (NGO) ChemSee has drawn up a list of hazardous chemicals which it wants regulated for being substances of very high concern. It also wants to encourage firms to start substituting the hazardous chemicals with safer alternatives....
- Focus on the Global South. Mason, Mike // Globalization & Development: A Glossary;2005, p50
An encyclopedia entry for "Focus on the Global South" is presented. Based in Bangkok, Thailand, Focus on the Global South is a development organization that works with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other organizations especially in Asian Pacific countries. The organization's Web site...
- The NGO Project: Why We Care. Johns, Gary // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p30
Contends on the issues concerning the relationship between non-governmental organizations (NGO) and the government in Australia. Doubts on the nature of NGO; Citation of fraudulent acts observed in most NGO; Assertion on the decision of the government to cut off NGO advocates.
- NGO DEVELOPMENT IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE: AN EMPIRICAL OVERVIEW. Toepler, Stefan; Salamon, Lester M. // East European Quarterly;Fall2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p365
Presents an overview of the non-governmental organizations (NGO) development in Central and Eastern Europe using the empirical findings of the Johns Hopkins Comparative Nonprofit Sector Project. Size and economic contribution; Structure and composition; Revenue structure; Conclusions and...
- Merchants of Morality. Bob, Clifford // Foreign Policy;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 129, p36
Focuses on injustices represented by local movements that gain popularity among international nongovernmental organizations (NGO). Strategies which local movements use to gain international support; Examples of how local movements were supported by global NGO; Role of leaders of local...
- International NGOs and the Guatemalan Peace Accords. Blum, Leonor // Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary & Nonprofit Organiz;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p327
This paper looks at the impact of the Guatemalan Peace Accords of 1996 on the work of International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs). In particular, the paper focuses on changes in INGO organizational structure, programming priorities, and relationships with the Government of Guatemala and...
- FACT FILE. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Sep2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p31
Provides information on the number of non-governmental organizations during the 1990s.