- THE MAIN CHALLENGES FACING LEADING EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. // Personnel Today;6/26/2007, p10
The article presents information on the challenges faced by the human resource (HR) practitioners in leading European Countries. It is reported that Great Britain has been facing challenges related to leadership development and talent management. It is noted that in France, average retirement...
- The value in diversity. Edwards, Steven // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the importance of diversity in business. Definition of diversity; Benefits for the accounting profession; History of diversity in Canada; Efforts to overcome stereotyping of employees; Diversity training programs; Costs in valuing diversity; Methods to measure the impact of diversity;...
- Dignity and respect for all. Pearlman, Shelley // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p29
Discusses diversity training programs to enhance employee performance and awareness. Training objectives; Key issues addressed; Factors for a successful training program.
- Diversity marks Knudsen's. // Candy Industry;Jul98, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on the employees of Knudsen's Candy in California comprising of people from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds. Observance of ethnic special events at the company; Goal for incorporating diversity by company officials.
- Diversity finds a truer hue. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 247, p11
Discusses diversity in the workplace in the United States as of November 13, 2000.
- Corporate recruitment bias: A competitive disadvantage. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Dec1996/Jan1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Criticizes recruitment biases and calls for greater diversity in employee hiring among companies in the United States. Need to conduct effective employment interviews; College placement and recruitment practices of the Rocky Mountain Association of Colleges and Employers; People's role in the...
- Working in America--a mosaic of cultural diversity. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1997, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the impact on the workplaces in the United States of the entry of minorities and women. Decline in the share of white males in the labor force; Workshops to focus on cultural differences; Effect of ignoring such differences; Interpretation of other cultures of eye contact and...
- From glass ceilings to mosaics. Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;Nov95, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p7
Looks at diversity and practical steps organizations can take to achieving it effectively. Comments from Marilyn Loden; Cites made.
- Quick quiz. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jun97, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p9
Presents a quiz which tests one's attitude about workplace diversity.