LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Organizational Innovation and Learning. Bouwen, Rene; Fry, Ronald // International Studies of Management & Organization;Winter91/92, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p37
We present a framework for understanding this dialog as a way to explore, mediate, and cope with what we see as the core of an innovation situation: the tensions between dominant and new organizational logics. Four distinctive strategies dealing with these tensions will be presented from...
- Embracing the Learning Imperative: Organizational Learning and Organizational Change. // Facing Change in Health Care;1996, p1
Presents information on learning organization which represents a way of thinking about and creating organizational change. Sets of practices and principles necessary to the learning organization; Nature of organizational learning; Relationship between organizational learning and continuous change.
- Organizing and Managing Compelling Learning Experiences. // Facing Change in Health Care;1996, p105
Provides information on managing learning experiences in an organization. Organizational commitment to the learning model; Implementation of a large-scale organizational change; Sequencing and pacing the learning experiences.
- THINKING ABOUT ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE: TOWARDS TWO KINDS OF PROCESS INTERVENTION. De Cock, Christian; Rickards, Tudor // International Journal of Organizational Analysis (1993 - 2002);Jul96, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p233
Features a study which analyzed the organizational change (OC) concepts of mind-set and paradox in encouraging reflective thinking among organizational members. Implementations of the concepts of Total Quality Management and Business Process Reengineering in OC; Definition of the term mind-set;...
- Praxis Pentagon of Organizational Learning. Versteegen, Ursula; Scharmer, C. Otto; Käufer, Katrin // Reflections;Spring2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p36
Reflects on experiences in initiating an organizational learning and change process within a global health care company in Europe. Organizational learning framework; Health care company case; Details on a leadership workshop; Organizational principles.
- USING THE LEARNING PROCESS TO ACHIEVE MANAGEMENT'S LONG-RANGE GOALS. Bradshaw, Thornton F. // Advanced Management Journal;Spring67, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p38
Emphasizes the use of the learning process in effecting change in an organization and in achieving management's long-term objectives. Methods used by managers in improving profits; Objectives in launching long-range training; Techniques in effectively using the learning process to achieve...
- REFRAMING MANAGERS' CONTROL ORIENTATIONS AND PRACTICES: A PROPOSED ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING FRAMEWORK. Winter, Richard P.; Sarros, James C.; Tanewski, George A. // International Journal of Organizational Analysis (1993 - 2002);Jan1997, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p9
Features a study which proposed an organizational learning framework for reframing management practices within large bureaucratic organizations. Assumptions presented on organizational learning; Capacity of managers to reframe situations and organization events; Importance of humanistic value...
- THOUGHT SELF-LEADERSHIP: A SELF-REGULATORY APPROACH TOWARDS OVERCOMING RESISTANCE TO ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE. Neck, Christopher P. // International Journal of Organizational Analysis (1993 - 2002);Apr96, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p202
Presents information on a study which assessed the impact of a thought self-leadership (TSL) training program on employees' perceptions of organizational change. Overview of TSL; Method; Results; How TSL can enhance employees' perceptions of specific organizational change.
- Feminist Pluralism and Democratic Learning: The Politics of Citizenship in the National Women's Studies Association. Sirianni, Carmen // NWSA Journal;Fall93, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p367
Discusses the history of feminist democratic learning and analyzes the dynamics of the National Women's Studies Association's organizational development in these terms. Challenges facing democratic and feminist pluralism; Differentiated citizenship and inclusive constituency within contemporary...