WHY SIMPLE IS BEST
- A light touch. Smedley, Tim // People Management;Oct2011, p24
The article focuses on the transitions made by various organizations toward simple operations and the impact on the human resources (HR) profession in Great Britain as of October 2011. According to Bill Parsons, HR executive vice-president at ARM Holdings, there has been evidence of the...
- Bill Parsons. COTTELL, COLIN // Recruiter;Jun2012, p28
The article presents a company profile of ARM Holdings PLC. It mentions the need for global technology talent of the company. Executive vice president Bill Parson of ARM states that the company is fighting with every sector influenced by microelectronics not on manufacture but on design and...
- Sustainable performance in SMEs. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;Jul2012, p47
The article discusses the report "Achieving sustainable organisation performance through HR in SMEs" by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) about human resources' (HR) role in the performance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as of July 2012. Topics include how...
- ARM Holdings doubles size of US finance team in Artisan integration. Waugh, Noelle // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);2/8/2006, p2
The article reports that ARM Holdings PLC, the microchip designer, has increased the size of its American finance team after acquiring Artisan Components Inc. in a 522 million pound deal in Great Britain. According to ARM Holdings PLC chief financial officer Tim Score, the acquisition has...
- Mixed response to workforce reform means HR will have a frontline role to play in marshalling the proposed changes. // People Management;Apr2012, p10
The article focuses on the role human resource (HR) management will play in proposed police service reforms in Great Britain. It states that a report from former rail regulator Tom Winsor proposed annual fitness tests, the ability to hire directly into the ranks of chief constable and...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
- MASTER: CLASS. // Management Today;Feb2010, p20
The article focuses on the implementation of management by walking around (MBWA) as an effective management theory to communicate and manage rank and file employees in Great Britain.
- Untitle. // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article presents information on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on Apple Inc., Google Inc., and Virgin Group.