Survival of the Species
- Distribution and status of the endangered Nilgiri tahr. DANIELS, R. J. RANJIT; EASA, P. S.; ALEMBATH, MOHAN // Current Science (00113891);1/10/2008, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the conservation initiative that aims at the endangered mammal Nilgiri tahr in India. It is stated that the government has proposed the effort to improve the conservation status of the species, which has a populated size of about 3500. Moreover, it is noted that the...
- The endangered Endangered Species Act Couturier, Lisa // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr1992, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p32
No abstract available.
- Everglades restoration: Promises to keep. Jodrey, Don // Trends (15339556);Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p1
The article offers information on the restoration efforts for the Everglades wetlands in Florida. The effort has been forced by the operation of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Central and Southern Florida Flood Control Project, that reduced the wetland to half its original size and endangers...
- COMMENTS AND NEWS. // Journal of Mammalogy;Aug2007, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p1115
This section offers news briefs related to mammalogy. The "Journal of Mammalogy and Mammalian Species" can now be accessed online. The Wildlife Conservation Research Unit in partnership with the IUCN/SSC Cat Specialist Group has organized an international conference on felid biology and...
- Embryo Transfers May Save Rare Antelopes. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar85, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the Ohio-based Cincinnati Wildlife Research Federation's announcement of successes with embryo transfers that may help save endangered species.
- Battle for bull trout: How environmental advocates beat political perfidy. Ochenski, George // Missoula Independent;2/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the advocacy for the protection of the mature bull trout. It states that the bull trout is to be listed under the Endangered Species Act and its survival was threatened by former fish, wildlife and parks assistant secretary Julie MacDonald by her influence on their habitat....
- Rethinking Regional Habitat Conservation Plan Monitoring Programs: An Innovative Approach in San Diego, California. Greer, Keith A.; Rocks, Melanie Johnson // Endangered Species Update;Jul-Sep2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p91
Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs) have become a common, albeit still controversial, method for conserving endangered species at the regional level while balancing the social and economic needs of a region. Since 1982 when Congress first amended the Endangered Species Act to allow for HCPs, more...
- Forging Partnerships for Habitat Restoration. Miranda-Castro, Leopoldo // Endangered Species Update;Jul-Sep2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, Special section p48
The article offers information on the Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program in the U.S. It aims to restore private lands through cooperative conservation for the benefit of endangered and threatened species. The program was able to restore and conserve fish and wildlife habitats, as well as...
- BOX SCORE. // Endangered Species Bulletin;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p28
Presents a chart depicting the lists and recovery plans for endangered and threatened species in the U.S. as of August 31, 2000.