- Sharing Governance: A Pathway to Interdisciplinary Excellence. Porter-O'Grady, Tim // Creative Nursing;2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p150
In the article, the author discusses the continuing professional evolution of the nursing profession. He cites the importance of continuous focus on professional staff engagement in order to improve the services provided by the nursing profession. He presents the book "Shared Governance for...
- Leadership Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Aptitudes Nurses Need to Lead Organizations Effectively. Contino, Diana S. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p52
Provides a compilation of practical managerial skills for critical care nurses in formalized managerial roles, as well as leadership skills that are useful for all nurses. Organizational management skills; Communication skills; Data/operations analysis and strategic planning skills;...
- All nurses should have an understanding of critical care. Scott, Helen // British Journal of Nursing;2/27/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p204
Editorial. Comments on a document published by the Royal College of Nursing which highlights key issues relating to skill-mix, core competencies, and educational and management needs in relation to critical care nursing in Great Britain. Need to improve the provision of nursing care for all...
- Critical care close-up. Krumberger, Joanne M. // RN;Sep99, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p28ac8
Reflects on factors which could contribute to a nursing practice in critical care. Core values suggested as foundations for such a practice; Commitment to advancing the science of the profession; Collaboration among practitioners; Creation of The Best Practice Network, a Web-based initiative...
- Bedside Report and Two-Nurse Safety Check: A Patient Safety Initiative. Racco, Marian // Dynamics;Summer2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p52
No abstract available.
- Nurse-to-Nurse Inter-shift Transfer of Accountability in the Intensive Care Unit. Santiago, Cecilia; Michelsen, Karen; Berlin, Angelina; Wannamaker, Karen; Smith, Orla // Dynamics;Summer2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p54
No abstract available.
- Rejoicing, Renewal for a Bedside Nurse. CARPENTER, JOANNE // Creative Nursing;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p12
Reflects on being a bedside nurse in an intensive care unit (ICU). Things that a bedside nurse should do; Importance of working with patients' families; Rewards from providing patient care.
- Nursing in a changing landscape. Farrelly, Rory // British Journal of Nursing;9/26/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p1037
In this article the author reflects on a nursing principle called shared governance which was introduced in the U.S. in the 1970s and is designed to offer nurses opportunities to participate in medical decision making in an effort to provide high quality medical care that is both patient...
- EB64 Bringing it Back to the Bedside! Making Bedside Report Work! Lindsay, Mary // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe30
An abstract of the article "Bringing it Back to the Bedside! Making Bedside Report Work!" by Mary Lindsay is presented.