EB114: Standing Tall to Protect Our Patients: Improving Blood Consent Review in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- VITAL SIGNS MONITORING ON BASE OF E-DOCUMENTATION IN PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT IN PEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p13
An abstract of the article "Vital Signs Monitoring on Base of E-Documentation in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit," by Danilo Mencingar and Biljana PrinÄiÄ is presented.
- Esta es mi unidad: la Unidad de Cuidado Intensivo PediÃ¡trico del Sanatorio de Alta Complejidad Sagrado CorazÃ³n. Echazarreta, Silvina; Mendez, Sonia // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p86
No abstract available.
- Erros na administraÃ§Ã£o de antibiÃ³ticos em unidade de terapia intensiva de hospital de ensino. Soares Rodrigues, Maria Cristina; de Castro Oliveira, Ludmilla // Revista Eletronica de Enfermagem;2010, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p511
Medication errors can cause undesirable outcomes for patients, increase hospital costs and impacts on staff. In order to verify the occurrence and characterize errors in the administration of antibiotics, a descriptive study was conducted in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a teaching hospital in...
- Approach to unplanned extubations in a pediatric intensive care unit. Menon, Kusum; Dundon, Belinda; Twolan, Betty-Lou; AlShammari, Salman // Canadian Journal of Critical Care Nursing;Fall2015, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p25
An unplanned extubation is defined as an extubation that occurs at a time other than that planned for the procedure. It may result in life-threatening complications such as laryngospasm, pulmonary or cardiac failure. Quality improvement initiatives have targeted an unplanned extubation rate of0%...
- EB101 Stepping Forward for Patient Safety: Using TeamSTEPPs Concepts to Reduce Medication Errors in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit. O'Byrne, Noeleen; Worthy, Karen; Ravelo, Aileen; Webb, Megan; Cole, Amanda // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe28
An abstract of the article "Stepping Forward for Patient Safety: Using TeamSTEPPs Concepts to Reduce Medication Errors in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit" by Noeleen O'Byrne and colleagues is presented.
- A CLINICAL DIRECTOR'S PERSPECTIVE. Klein, Chris // InterAction;Winter2014, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.
- A National Survey of PICU Nurse Practitioners - Opportunities to Standardize Practices and Optimize Service Delivery. Brown, Ann-Marie; Christie, Leeann M.; Higgerson, Renee A.; Mikhailov, Theresa A.; Stojadinovic, Bonnie J.; Forbes, Michael L. // Pediatric Nursing;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p249
The article reports a national survey which describes the current scope of practice and professional facets of pediatric intensive care unit nurse practitioners (PICU NPs). The results show that NPs are an integral component in the educational, research, and quality improvement activities of the...
- Paediatric ICU nurses: preventing central venous device infections. Ullman, Amanda J.; Long, Debbie A.; Rickard, Claire M. // British Journal of Nursing;2014 Supplment 8, Vol. 23 Issue 8 Supp, pS14
An abstract is presented of the article "Prevention of Central Venous Catheter Infections: A Survey of Paediatric ICU Nurseâ€™ Knowledge and Practice" by A. J. Ullman, D. A. Long, C. M. Rickard et al., which appeared originally in a previous issue of "Nurse Education Today".
- EB87 Operating Room to Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Hand-offs. Wintz, Mary; Chiodini, Michelle // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe21
An abstract of the article "Operating Room to Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Hand-offs,"by Mary Wintz and Michelle Chiodini is presented.