EB110: Shifting the Culture: Charting a Course to Eliminate Use of Restraints While Maintaining a Safe Environment
- InBox: PATIENT CARE. To Reduce ICU Stays, Get Patients Moving. Charet, Genevieve P. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2010, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p14
The article presents results from a study conducted by Johns Hopkins University concerning a reduction in the length of stay among intensive care patients who received physical therapy and limited sedation. Patient safety and teamwork are also discussed.
- EB51: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Daily Goal Setting in the Intensive Care Unit. Elliott, Sarah; Pedack, Ann; Allan, Glenn // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pe12
No abstract available.
- Custo do tratamento de idosos com pneumonia em terapia intensiva. Feitosa, João Batista; De Souza, Hercília Najara Ferreira; Hang Costa, Talline Aredes; De Souza, Alessandra Figueiredo; Fonseca Martins, Maria Thereza; Viana Campos, Ana Cristina // Enfermagem Brasil;mai/jun2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p160
Knowing the limitations of public health and the high demand for intensive care, this study aimed to describe the daily expenses of a public hospital with elderly in intensive care with a diagnosis of community-acquired pneumonia. This case study is to document analysis in the intensive care...
- EB88 Mobility Matters, Get Up Off of That Bed: Evidence-Based Practice and Technology to Improve Mobility and Outcomes of Surgical Intensive Care Patients. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe50
An abstract of the article "Mobility Matters, Get Up Off of That Bed: Evidence-Based Practice and Technology to Improve Mobility and Outcomes of Surgical Intensive Care Patients," by Wendy Butcher is presented.
- Early Mobilization: Changing the Mindset. Castro, Emily; Turcinovic, Michael; Platz, John; Law, Isabel // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2015, Vol. 35 Issue 4, pe1
BACKGROUND Staffin the surgical intensive care unit (SICU) had several concerns about mobilizing patients receiving mechanical ventilation. OBJECTIVE TO assess and improve the mindset of SICU staff toward early mobilization of patients receiving mechanical ventilation before, 6 months after, and...
- Pathways to Improving Patient Safety and Reduced Cost: The Implementation of Clinical Effectiveness Guidelines for 2 Congenital Cardiac Anomalies. Shields, Ashlee // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2013, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p79
The article focuses on the development of clinical effectiveness guidelines (CEGs) in improving the quality of care and cost effectiveness. It states that CEGs provide an outline for the provision of patient's safety throughout hospitalization. It evaluates the medical components that are...
- The effect of ICU telemedicine on mortality and length of stay. Kohl, Benjamin A.; Fortino-Mullen, Margaret; Praestgaard, Amy; Hanson, C. William; DiMartino, Joseph; Ochroch, E. Andrew // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Jul2012, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p282
We conducted a retrospective, observational study of patient outcomes in two intensive care units in the same hospital. The surgical ICU (SICU) implemented telemedicine and electronic medical records, while the medical ICU (MICU) did not. Medical charts were reviewed for a one-year period before...
- EB58 Stepping Forward to Reduce Verbal Orders in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Sklar, Jamie; Giordano, Rita; Davis, Daniela; O'Neill, Sean; Dominick, Cheryl // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe6
An abstract of the article "Stepping Forward to Reduce Verbal Orders in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit" by Jamie Sklar, Rita Giordano, Daniela Davis, Sean O'Neill and Cheryl Dominick is presented.
- Intensive Care Unit Staff and Resource Utilization: Is It an Effective Factor? GOLESTANI ERAGHI, Majid; BEIGMOHAMMADI, Mohammad Taghi; SOLEIMANI, Ali Akbar; MOJTAHEDZADEH, Mojtaba // Iranian Journal of Public Health;Sep2013, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p1021
Background: The aim of present study was to determine the impact of two different ICU management model, open and semi closed, on resources utilization in intensive care unit. Method: Retrospective cohort analysis using data from hospital database was applied to compare the effect of ICU...