- EB57: Analysis of Practice and Performance Improvement in Patients with Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock. Richardson, Jeannette; Hendricks-Jensen, Jadene; Vann, Christina // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pe15
No abstract available.
- EB61 Evidence-Based Guidelines and Scripting to Support Nurses in Sepsis Recognition, Reporting, and Treatment. Drahnak, Dawn // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe29
An abstract of the article "Evidence-Based Guidelines and Scripting to Support Nurses in Sepsis Recognition, Reporting and Treatment" by Dawn Drahnak is presented.
- Current recommendations for diagnosis and management of sepsis and septic shock. Smith, Jami S. // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Oct2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p42
Early recognition of sepsis and early goal-directed therapy following evidence-based bundles can reduce patient mortality from sepsis and septic shock. This article reviews current recommendations for diagnosis and management.
- INDICADORES DE QUALIDADE NA ASSISTÃŠNCIA VENTILATÃ“RIA EM UM HOSPITAL UNIVERSITÃRIO: SABER FAZER NA ENFERMAGEM. de Siqueira, Vanessa Souza Andrade; Alves, Valdecyr Herdy; de Souza Rosa Barbosa, Maria Teresa; Rodrigues, Diego Pereira; Vieira, Bianca Dargam Gomes; da Silva, Luana Asturiano // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p797
Objective: understanding the quality indicators of ventilatory support at the neonatal intensive care unit of a university hospital related to TOT, nasal CPAP, Oxy-Hood. Method: a non-experimental descriptive study with a quantitative approach conducted with 20 nurses in the NICU of a university...
- Procalcitonin-guided therapy in intensive care unit patients with severe sepsis and septic shock - a systematic review and meta-analysis. Prkno, Anna; Wacker, Christina; Brunkhorst, Frank M.; Schlattmann, Peter // Critical Care;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Introduction Procalcitonin (PCT) algorithms for antibiotic treatment decisions have been studied in adult patients from primary care, emergency department, and intensive care unit (ICU) settings, suggesting that procalcitonin-guided therapy may reduce antibiotic exposure without increasing the...
- Getting from Here to There with Longitudinal Quality Metrics. Derr, John F. // Journal of AHIMA;Feb2013, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p48
The article looks at how to use longitudinal quality metrics to get from here to there. It states that changes in care delivered and quality reported with the use of social media, mobile health, and smart phones, health information exchanges, and new person-centric models is certain. The...
- Avoidable sepsis deaths prompt call for universal formal protocols. Longhurst, Chris // Nursing Standard;12/2/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p11
An acute care nurse consultant who contributed to a national report on sepsis has questioned why all hospitals do not have formal protocols for its diagnosis and treatment.
- College of Paramedics draft response statement on sepsis. Berry, Martin // Journal of Paramedic Practice;Mar2014, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p154
No abstract available.
- Health indicators in the care for neurocritical patients. Aparecida Silva de Morais, Elaine; Soriano Ordinola Rojas, Salomon; Cordeiro Veiga, Viviane // Revista da Rede de Enfermagem do Nordeste;2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p189
This study aimed to develop indicators to evaluate the care for neurocritical patients. Methodological study for development and validation of indicators of health evaluation, conducted on the Intensive Care Unit of a large hospital. The opinionated validation method was used, where seven...