- AMSN President's Message. Ethical Practice, Quality Care. Arzouman, Jill // MEDSURG Nursing;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p73
The article focuses on the engagement of nurses in ethical practice and quality health care. Topics discussed include the celebration of the National Nurses Week from May 6-12, 2015, the designation of 2015 as the year of ethics by the American Nurses Association (ANA), and the released of the...
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN PHILIPPINE ICU NURSING PRACTICE: HOW ARE WE DOING IT? Rogado, Maria Isabelita C. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p69
No abstract available.
- Multiple Intravenous Infusions: Using Human Factors to Move Research Evidence into Practice. Pinkney, Sonia; Fan, Mark; Casaano-Piche, Andrea; Colvin, Christopher; Masino, Caterina; Easty, Tony; Trbovich, Patricia // Dynamics;Summer2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p34
No abstract available.
- Making It Meaningful: Finding Quality Improvement Projects Worthy of Your Time, Effort, and Expertise. Stausmire, Julie M.; Ulrich, Charla // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2015, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p57
This article is the second of a 4-part quality improvement resource series for critical care nurses interested in implementing system process or performance improvement projects. The article is a brainstorming session on paper, written to assist nurses and managers in identifying possible...
- EB92 Infection Control Liaison: Controlling Infections While Spreading Education. Bielewicz, Brady; George, Elisabeth; Lovasik, Darlene // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe45
An abstract of the article "Infection Control Liaison: Controlling Infections While Spreading Education" by Brady Bielewicz, Elisabeth George and Darlene Lovasik is presented.
- Specialty that boosts survival. Cole, Elaine // Nursing Standard;10/21/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p22
A critical care nurse has devised patient retrieval protocols, pathways, multidisciplinary training and family liaison for a highly specialist, high-risk service to oxygenate blood, and developed the roles of her nursing team.
- OUR NURSE-LED APPROACH TO PRODUCTIVITY MUST LIVE ON. Carlisle, Daloni // Nursing Standard;3/27/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p14
Nurse Tony Butterworth has been a director of the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement since 2005. He spoke to Daloni Carlisle.
- CQC report on standards of care finds safety is the biggest concern. Harrison, Tim // Nursing Standard;10/21/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p9
Get staffing levels and skill mix right and quality will improve, concluded the regulator's State of Care report, which uncovered safety problems in three quarters of hospitals.
- Academic Education. Incorporating Best Practices Into Undergraduate Critical Care Nursing Education. BRENNER, ZARA R.; IAFRATI, NANCY S. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2014, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p61
Incorporation of best clinical practices into the baccalaureate critical care nursing curriculum is important. At The College at Brockport, best clinical practices are introduced early in the semester and are reinforced throughout the semester in both class and clinical settings. Among the best...