- President's Pen. Revisioning Transition-to-Practice Issues. Burton, Mattie // Kentucky Nurse;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on problems and concerns that are frequently encountered by nurses who are transitioning from graduation from nursing school and into clinical nursing practice. In the article the author offers her opinions on efforts which are being made in many medical facilities and by...
- CNE QUIZ. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Jan2016, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p24
A quiz is presented concerning continuing education in nursing for health professionals.
- Resilience-Building Strategies for Nurses in Transition. Richez, Madeline; Smith, Elaine L.; Rice, Karen L. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p54
Nursing is stressful, especially for the new graduate entering the workforce and for those transitioning into new roles. This article explores one large health system's approach to supporting those nurses through a 1-day program devoted to enhancing their resilience. A few resilience-building...
- The Preparation-Practice Gap: An Integrative Literature Review. Hickerson, Kirsten A.; Taylor, Laura A.; Terhaar, Mary F. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Jan2016, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p17
Background: The purpose of this integrative literature review was to evaluate and synthesize the evidence regarding the existence, extent, and significance of a preparation-practice gap--namely, the deficits in knowledge and skills that novice nurses may demonstrate on entry into the clinical...
- The Merry Month of--June! Yoder-Wise, Patricia S. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Jun2015, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p239
The author reflects on the several aspects of continuing education. Topics discussed include need of transitional education for graduates, Institute of Medicine's (IOM) report on the topic "The Future of Nursing (2010)," organizations with residency programs, and demand of fresh graduates in the...
- Expanding Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies Across the Academic-Practice Transition: A Pilot Study. Fater, Kerry H.; Weatherford, Barbara; Ready, Robert W.; Finn, Kathy; Tangney, Betty // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Aug2014, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p366
In many health care settings, nurses are challenged with higher acuity patients in technical and evolving environments.
- Love and Humanity Treasures Fresh Nurses. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
No abstract available.
- Educating and orienting the new staff. Cesta, Toni // Hospital Case Management;Oct2011, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p154
In the article the author discusses the key points to consider while customizing orientation of new case managers. She emphasizes on individualizing the orientation based on the orientee's experiential level, and states that weekly goals out to be established that will be reviewed by the...
- Using simulation to further best practices in nursing leadership. Mason, Lyzanne // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Enhancing leadership orientation through simulation" by Patricia Radovich and colleagues in the October 2011 issue.