- Experiencing the Synergy Model on a personal level. Brosche, Theresa; Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Engaging Families to Participate in Care of Older Critical Care Patients," by S.R. Hardin in the June 2012 issue.
- Geriatrics. Engaging Families to Participate in Care of Older Critical Care Patients. Hardin, Sonya R. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p35
Provision of optimal outcomes for older adults can be understood through the use of the American Association for Critical-Care Nurses Synergy Model. These outcomes can be enhanced if strategies are designed to improve the characteristics of patients and families as described in the Synergy...
- The role of the critical care nurse in the delivery of bad news. Peel, Nicholas // British Journal of Nursing;9/11/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p966
Studies the role of nurses in delivering bad news in relation to critical care patients and their families. Use of reliable and valid assessment tool based on Leske's Inventory that will enable the nurse to prioritize the needs of each family at a stressful time; Key training of critical care...
- Improving communication in acute care. Kite, Suzanne M.; Burns, Eileen // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Oct2010, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p546
The author focuses on the significance of improving communication in acute care in Great Britain. She stresses that communication between patients and healthcare providers are required to improve ones preparedness for death and the quality of end-of-life. It further discusses the benefits and...
- SESSION 23: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTS: Advancing practice in critical care: a model of knowledge integration. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p62
An abstract of the article "Advancing practice in critical care: a model of knowledge integration," by Martin Christensen is presented.
- THE SYNERGY MODEL IN FAMILY-CENTERED CARE. Ören, Besey // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p68
No abstract available.
- A CASE REPORT ACCORDING TO THE SYNERGY MODEL. Ören, Besey // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p69
No abstract available.
- Providing patient-centred care in an intensive care unit. Kelleher, Sean // Nursing Standard;12/6/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p35
This article examines the provision of patient-centred care in an intensive care unit where patients autonomy may be compromised. It discusses the Synergy Model as a framework for encouraging nurses to transform a technical and potentially dehumanising environment into a humane and healing place.
- Ask the Experts. Setting Goals for Pain Management When Using a Behavioral Scale: Example With the Critical-Care Pain Observation Tool. Arbour, Caroline; Gélinas, Céline // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p66
The article provides an answer to a question of how to set goals for pain management of nonverbal patients when using a behavioral scale such as the Critical-Care Pain Observation Tool (CPOT).