- USE OF CARE BUNDLES IN CRITICAL CARE. Fulbrook, Paul // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p66
No abstract available.
- Developing Characteristics of Nursing Excellence. Tomes, Christine M. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2009 Supplement, p34
A reprint of the article "Developing Characteristics of Nursing Excellence," by Christine M. Tomes, which appeared in Volume 28, Number 4 issue of the "Critical Care Nurse" periodical is presented. It focuses on a two-year research internship program led by Doctor Nancy Wells for the surgical...
- CCN Fast Facts: Outcomes in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit by Implementing Daily Goal Tools. Siegele, Peggy // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p70
The article discusses how a surgical intensive care unit can enhance patient outcomes by implementing daily goals. According to the author, using Daily Goals Tools (DGT) can result in simplified complex tasks, improved teamwork, and shared decision making. DGT provides for a daily review of...
- Effect of an Acute Care Geriatric Educational Program on Fall Rates and Nurse Work Satisfaction. Lange, Jean; Wallace, Meredith; Gerard, Sally; Lovanio, Kathleen; Fausty, Nina; Rychlewicz, Susie // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Aug2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p371
Background: A successful faculty-mentored geriatric nurse education program resulted from an acute care-academic partnership. Purpose: This study educated nurses in best geriatric nursing practices to enhance effective management of common geriatric problems as well as to improve nurse work...
- An assessment tool for acutely ill medical patients. Gleeson, Margaret; Kellett, John; Cowan, Mairead; Casey, Marie // British Journal of Nursing;5/14/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p546
This article reports the implementation and impact of a standardized systematic evidence-based predictive score for the initial assessment of acutely ill medical patients. The Simple Clinical Score (SCS) was introduced in the A&E department and the medical floor of the authors' hospital between...
- Endocarditis: More than a Problem of the Heart. Mustard, Mary; Silva, Cara // Dynamics;Summer2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p32
No abstract available.
- Knowledge is Power. Pritchard Morton Plant Mease, Judy // Florida Nurse;Sep2012, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p9
The author discusses how knowledge is power: the power to use knowledge to teach, share, give, show compassion, learn, lead, mentor, precept, and discover who I am and what kind of nurse I want to be. She highlights the case of a 26-year-old patient, TR, on a ventilator and a perfect candidate...
- EB119 A Novel Approach to Intrahospital Transport of Patients With Multiple Modular Infusion Pumps. Imperial-Perez, Flerida; Mellinger, Sabine; Blake, Nancy; Gross, Barbara // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe59
An abstract of the article "A Novel Approach to Intrahospital Transport of Patients With Multiple Modular Infusion Pumps" by Flerida Imperial-Perez and colleagues is presented.
- Continuing Education Questions Winter 2011 JAVA. // Journal of the Association for Vascular Access;Winter2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p235
A quiz on the topic "Evaluation Methods for the Assessment of Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Inserted Central Lines: Evidence-Based Strategies for Practice," and a continuing education (CE) form are presented.