- RD Clinic Allows RDs to Streamline Their Practice. // Today's Dietitian;Jan2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p58
The article evaluates RD Clinic from Nutrihand which allows registered dietitians to streamline their work.
- EDIS training has two phases. // ED Management;Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p105
The article reports that the emergency department's staff of Beaufort Memorial Hospital in South Carolina need two phases of training before the computer system, Emergency Department Information System (EDIS), from Texas-based Medhost Inc. can be implemented to the hospital, which include the...
- New access technology? A golden opportunity. // Hospital Case Management;May2012, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p77
The article suggests implementation of electric medical record (EMR) in hospitals to provide an opportunity to review various clinical areas. Barbara Snodgrass, patient access manager at Mount Hood Medical Center in Gresham, Oregon, states that implementing an EMR enabled staff at her center, to...
- A Multifaceted Approach to Improve the Care of Hospitalized Older Adults. Smith, Elaine L.; Twedell, Diane; Peyser, Diane J. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Jul2011, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p294
This column discusses a multifaceted approach to improve the care of hospitalized older adults. J Contin Educ Nurs 2011;42(7):294-295.
- Question-Answering and E-Health An advanced perspective in Specialized Information Retrieval. Olvera-Lobo, María-Dolores; Gutiérrez-Artacho, Juncal // CISTI (Iberian Conference on Information Systems & Technologies ;2014, Vol. 1, p256
In the field of Information Retrieval (IR), new approaches have emerged in order to offer more efficient data/information. This is the case with Question Answering (QA) systems that try to offer precise and understandable answers to factual questions. We have analyzed the state of Biomedical QA...
- Caveat Evidence: Be a Discriminating Scrutinizer of Health Care Information. Grif Alspach, JoAnn // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2013, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p11
The author reflects on the research reviews of Cochrane Collaboration which was applicable to critical care nursing. She mentions that Cochrane Collaboration is an organization aim to ensure that proper information regarding health care interventions would be disseminated. She says that...
- PACS should be Web-access enabled. Primo, Henri "Rik" // Health Management Technology;May2012, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p16
The article presents an answer to a question on issues concerning picture archiving communications systems (PACS) and radiology information systems (RIS) from Siemens Healthcare.
- $trategies for Searching and Managing Evidence-Based Practice Resources. Robb, Meigan; Shellenbarger, Teresa // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Oct2014, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p461
Evidence-based nursing practice requires the use of effective search strategies to locate relevant resources to guide practice change. Continuing education and staff development professionals can assist nurses to conduct effective literature searches. This article provides suggestions for...
- ANF adds online learning resource. // Lamp;Nov2012, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p10
A description of the online course "Simulation Education Online" offered by the Australian Nursing Federation is presented.