EB62: CCU Nursing Guidance Team Evaluates Fecal Management System, Provides Nursing Education, and Improves Satisfaction
- SESSION 5: CREATIVITY IN CLINICAL PRACTICE: Use of tooth brush for oral care and ICU patients' satisfaction. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p41
An abstract of the article "Use of tooth brush for oral care and ICU patients' satisfaction," by Adriano Friganovic and colleagues is presented.
- Daily interruptions to sedation for critically ill adults? // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/27/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7880, p13
The article reports a study which revealed that in ventilated adults managed with protocols that incorporated sedation, the addition of daily sedation interruption did not reduce the duration of mechanical ventilation or Intensive Care Unit (ICU) stay.
- COMPREENSÃƒO DO ENFERMEIRO COMO ARTICULADOR DE MEDIDAS PREVENTIVAS DE ÃšLCERAS POR PRESSÃƒO NA UNIDADE DE TERAPIA INTENSIVA. Hey, Ana Paula; Montezeli, Juliana Helena; CaveiÆo, Cristiano; Cordeiro de Melo, D‚bora // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;set2013, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p5590
Objective: to identify the understanding of the nurse as articulator of preventive measures of ulcers by pressure. Method: a qualitative study, done by semi-structured interviews with nurses working in the ICU of a private hospital in Curitiba/ParanÃ¡/Brazil. For analysis, we used the...
- Managing passive incontinence and incomplete evacuation. Collins, Brigitte; Norton, Christine // British Journal of Nursing;5/23/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p575
Both passive faecal incontinence and evacuation difficulty are distressing and demoralising conditions, resulting in physical and psychological problems including social restrictions, loss of self-esteem, altered body image and loss of skin integrity. Conservative management and biofeedback...
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Rectal ulceration as a complication of the use of the flexi-seal fecal management system: a report of 2 cases. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p75
An abstract of the article "Rectal ulceration as a complication of the use of the flexi-seal fecal management system: a report of 2 cases," by Francisco Javier Carmona Monge and colleagues is presented.
- Satisfaction after the Malone antegrade continence enema procedure in patients with spina bifida. Imai, K; Shiroyanagi, Y; Kim, W J; Ichiroku, T; Yamazaki, Y // Spinal Cord;Jan2014, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p54
Study design:Retrospective chart review.Objective:To evaluate the clinical outcomes and factors influencing patient satisfaction with Malone antegrade continence enema (MACE) in patients with spina bifida.Setting:Japan.Methods:We performed retrospective analysis of 21 patients with spina bifida...
- EFFECT OF INTENSIVE CARE EXPERIENCE OF A NURSE WHO WAS DEPENDENT ON MECHANICAL VENTILATOR UPON HER EXPERIENCES AND NURSING CARE: SAMPLE CASE STUDY. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p8
An abstract of the article "Effect of Intensive Care Experience of a Nurse Who Was Dependent on Mechanical Ventilator Upon Her Experiences and Nursing Care: Sample Case Study," by Sibel Kiper and BeylÃ¼ DikeÃ§ligil is presented.
- Panorama general de las visitas en las unidades de cuidado intensivo. Achury Beltrán, Luisa Fernanda // Investigacion en Enfermeria: Imagen y Desarrollo;ene-jun2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p61
Intensive care units (ICU) are conceived as closed spaces, due to the complexity of patients which are handled therein. For this reason, visits have become an issue of great importance, since they influence the satisfaction of the patients' needs, their families and beliefs of health personnel....
- A role for nurse practitioners in the ICU: Advocating for change. CROWE, SARAH // Dynamics;Fall2014, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p26
No abstract available.