EB59: Battling Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia, Step By Step: An Evidence-Based Approach to Improving Head-of-Bed Elevation
- Head of Bed Elevation and Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia. Harbrecht, Brian G. // Respiratory Care;Apr2012, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p659
The article offers the author's insights on the elevation of head of the bed (HOB) in ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) infection. The author says that feedback of nurse on HOB improves adherence to the simple technique that could reduce rate of VAP incidence. He mentions that VAP patients...
- Catching Up with the Literature. // AARC Times;Mar2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p24
The article offers information on various studies related to mechanical ventilation and respiratory care. A study shows that diaphragm pacing (DP) replacement of mechanical ventilation in ventilator-dependent children provides tidal volumes of thier basal needs. Another study suggests that...
- EB44 TMI: Reducing Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Darnell, Jeremiah // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe20
An abstract of the article "Reducing Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit" by Jeremiah Darnell is presented.
- 370 Days VAP Free in the PICU: How Did We Get There? WHITE, SHEILA; ADAMS, TINA // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;Feb2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14
No abstract available.
- ABSTRACTS: POSTER PRESENTATIONS: European perspective for prevention of VAP - does it work? Implementation of European perspective for prevention of VAP in ICU for surgical patients in University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p78
An abstract of the article "European perspective for prevention of VAP - does it work? Implementation of European perspective for prevention of VAP in ICU for surgical patients in University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia," by Dragica Emedi, Iza Repe, and Valerija Svilar is presented.
- EB86 Making a Positive Impact: Staff Driven Initiative to "Zap the VAP". // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe49
An abstract of the article "Making a Positive Impact: Staff Driven Initiative to "Zap the VAP"," by Cathy Hiler and Emily Turner is presented.
- Ask the Experts. Turning Tube Feeding Off While Repositioning Patients in Bed. Metheny, Norma // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p96
The article provides an answer to a question whether any research supports the practice of turning tube feeding off while repositioning patients in bed.
- Prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia. Standring, Diane; Oddie, Dawn // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p286
Ventilator-associated pneumonia is a common problem in intensive care, and is a complex issue where prevention is both vital and multifaceted. This article explores the extent of the problem, the current research and some of the key elements within a prevention strategy, the Department of Health...
- Using Evidence-Based Practice to Prevent Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia. Sedwick, Mary Beth; Lance-Smith, Mary; Reeder, Sara J.; Nardi, Jessica // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p41
BACKGROUND Strategies are needed to help prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia. OBJECTIVE To develop a ventilator bundle and care practices for nurses in critical care units to reduce the rate of ventilator-associated pneumonia. METHOD The ventilator bundle developed by the Institute for...