- EB86: Improving Compliance With the Sepsis Resuscitation Bundle in the Medical Intensive Care Unit. Elmer, Jennifer; Bowron, Catherine T.; Danielson, Richard D.; Evenson, Laura K.; Schramm, Garrett E.; Afessa, Bekele // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pe31
No abstract available.
- Guidelines for withholding and withdrawing therapy in the ICU: impact on decision-making process and interdisciplinary collaboration. Jensen, H. I.; Ammentorp, J.; Ørding, H. // Heart, Lung & Vessels;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p158
Introduction: Interdisciplinary collaboration in end-of-life decision-making is challenging. Guidelines developed within the interdisciplinary team may help to clarify, describe, and obtain consensus on standards for end-of-life decision-making and care. The aim of the study was to develop,...
- Mortality Decline With the Use of a Sepsis Treatment Bundle. Walter, Eric C. // Critical Care Alert;Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p37
An abstract of the article "Multicenter implementation of a severe sepsis and septic shock treatment bundle," R. R. Miller and colleagues.
- DIAGNÃ“STICOS DE ENFERMAGEM EM PACIENTES COM INFECÃ‡ÃƒO HOSPITALAR. Baldo Santos, Rebeca; Christiane Marocco Duran, Erika; Valentim Carmona, Elenice; de Lione Melo, Luciana; Raquel Medeiros Beck, Ana // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;Sep2015 Supp, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p9359
Objective: identifying the most common nursing diagnoses in patients with nosocomial infection. Method: retrospective cohort study that analyzed medical records of hospitalized patients from June 2011 to March 2012 in an intensive care unit of a public teaching hospital, after the project was...
- Revisiting Guidelines and Inappropriate use of Ticarcillin/Clavulanate at an Australian Teaching Hospital. Patterson, Tina H.; Unwin, Sean; Looke, David F. M.; Pillans, Peter I.; Loy, Lynette M. // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p221
Aim: To assess adherence to local ticarcillin/clavulanate prescribing guidelines; to examine the appropriateness of noncompliant prescribing; and to identify patterns of prescribing that could be improved. Method: A convenience sample of patients prescribed ticarcillin/clavulanate was...
- EB88 Mobility Matters, Get Up Off of That Bed: Evidence-Based Practice and Technology to Improve Mobility and Outcomes of Surgical Intensive Care Patients. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe50
An abstract of the article "Mobility Matters, Get Up Off of That Bed: Evidence-Based Practice and Technology to Improve Mobility and Outcomes of Surgical Intensive Care Patients," by Wendy Butcher is presented.
- EB102: Rapid Response Teams: Kicking It Up a Notch! Lampo, Deborah; Trapnell, Bonita; Brown, Suzan; Iannini, Paul; Maddox, Lee; Hines, Pamela // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pe40
No abstract available.
- EB61 Evidence-Based Guidelines and Scripting to Support Nurses in Sepsis Recognition, Reporting, and Treatment. Drahnak, Dawn // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe29
An abstract of the article "Evidence-Based Guidelines and Scripting to Support Nurses in Sepsis Recognition, Reporting and Treatment" by Dawn Drahnak is presented.
- EB87 Effectively Using Consultation With the Pediatric Advance Care Team in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Olbash, Mary Ann // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe42
An abstract of the article "Effectively Using Consultation With the Pediatric Advance Care Team in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit" by Mary Ann Olbash is presented.