Role of TRIPTYCHON in trichome patterning in Arabidopsis
- A large number of tetraploid Arabidopsis thaliana lines, generated by a rapid strategy, reveal high stability of neo-tetraploids during consecutive generations. Zheng Yu; Haage, Kristina; Streit, Verena E.; Gierl, Alfons; Ruiz, Ramón A. Torres // Theoretical & Applied Genetics;Apr2009, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p1107
Arabidopsis thaliana has, in conjunction with A. arenosa, developed into a system for the molecular analysis of alloplolyploidy. However, there are very few Arabidopsis lines available to study autopolyploidy. In order to investigate polyploidy on a reliable basis, we have optimised conventional...
- Trichome cell growth in Arabidopsis thaliana can be derepressed by mutations in at least five genes. Perazza, Daniel; Herzog, Michel // Genetics;May99, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p461
Describes the production of overbranched trichomes by mutants and polyploid lines in Arabidopsis thaliana. Description of the leaf trichomes in Arabidopsis; Three unlinked complementation groups of the supernumerary trichome branches; Overbranched trichomes produced by wild-type tetraploids.
- Expression analysis and subcellular localization of the Arabidopsis thaliana G-protein ÃŽÂ²-subunit AGB1. JosÃ© Botella // Plant Cell Reports;Sep2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1469
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Heterotrimeric GTP-binding proteins (G-proteins), consisting of GÃŽÂ±, GÃŽÂ², and GÃŽÂ³ subunits, function as molecular switches in many eukaryotic signal transduction pathways. In contrast to many eukaryotes, plants contain very few G-protein subunit...
- Allele-specific interactions between ttg and gl1 during trichome development in Arabidopsis... Larkin, John C.; Walker, Jason D. // Genetics;Apr99, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p1591
Investigates the allele-specific interactions between gl1 and ttg genes during trichome development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Effect of mutations in either gene on initiation of most trichomes; Encoding of myb-related transcription factor by gl1 gene; Pleiotropic nature of mutations in ttg gene;...
- Cell of the month: A plant hair cell on a leaf primordium of Arabidopsis thaliana. Runions, John // Nature Cell Biology;Aug2003, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p699
Presents a picture of a plant hair cell on a leaf primordium of Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Cell of the month: Image competition. Runions, John // Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology;Aug2003, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p603
Describes an image of a plant hair cell (trichome) on a leaf primordium of Arabidopsis thaliana submitted by John Runions of the University of Cambridge using a confocal microscope.
- Trichome cell morphogenesis in Arabidopsis: a continuum of cellular decisions. Mathur, Jaideep // Canadian Journal of Botany;Apr2006, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p604
In keeping with the myriad functions carried out by plants, their component cells display an amazing diversity of shapes and sizes. How is a precise cell form achieved? In recent years, the single-celled, branched, aerial epidermal trichome of Arabidopsis thaliana L. (Heynh) has emerged as a...
- The major protein import receptor of plastids is essential for chloroplast biogenesis. Bauer, Jorg; Kunhua Chen // Nature;1/13/2000, Vol. 403 Issue 6766, p203
Demonstrates that Arabidopsis thaliana Toc159, an integral membrane of GTPase, is essential to the biogenesis of chloroplasts. Analysis of in vitro import assays using isolated pea chloroplasts and recombinant precursors; Receptor activity of the Toc159 protein; Maintenance of basal protein...
- The genetic architecture of constitutive and induced trichome density in two new recombinant inbred line populations of Arabidopsis thaliana: phenotypic plasticity, epistasis, and bidirectional leaf damage response. Bloomer, Rebecca H.; Lloyd, Alan M.; Symonds, V. Vaughan // BMC Plant Biology;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Herbivory imposes an important selective pressure on plants. In Arabidopsis thaliana leaf trichomes provide a key defense against insect herbivory; however, trichome production incurs a fitness cost in the absence of herbivory. Previous work on A. thaliana has shown an increase in...