Over-expressing the C3 photosynthesis cycle enzyme Sedoheptulose-1-7 Bisphosphatase improves photosynthetic carbon gain and yield under fully open air CO2 fumigation (FACE)
- Interacting effects of elevated CO2 and weather variability on photosynthesis of mature boreal Norway spruce agree with biochemical model predictions. Uddling, Johan; Wallin, Göran // Tree Physiology;Dec2012, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p1509
According to well-known biochemical and biophysical mechanisms, the stimulation of C3 photosynthesis by elevated atmospheric CO2 concentration ([CO2]) is strongly modified by changes in temperature and radiation. In order to investigate whether a static parameterization of the commonly used...
- Genetic Variation and Chemical Traits of Selected New Jojoba ( Simmondsia chinensis (Link) Schneider) Genotypes. Al-Soqeer, A.; Motawei, M.; Al-Dakhil, M.; El-Mergawi, R.; Al-Khalifah, N. // Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS);Aug2012, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p1455
Seeds from six selected jojoba genotypes were used in this study. Seed samples were analyzed for oil, protein, total carbohydrate, and simmondsin contents. The genetic relationships among jojoba genotypes were also determined. Highly significant differences among the genotypes were found for...
- Potential regulation of gene expression in photosynthetic cells by redox and energy state: approaches towards better understanding. Pfannschmidt, T.; Bräutigam, K.; Wagner, R.; Dietzel, L.; Schröter, Y.; Steiner, S.; Nykytenko, A. // Annals of Botany;Feb2009, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p599
Background: Photosynthetic electron transport is performed by a chain of redox components that are electrochemically connected in series. Its efficiency depends on the balanced action of the photosystems and on the interaction with the dark reaction. Plants are sessile and cannot escape from...
- Pharmacogenetics of hypersensitivity to abacavir: from PGx hypothesis to confirmation to clinical utility. Hughes, A. R.; Spreen, W. R.; Mosteller, M.; Warren, L. L.; Lai, E. H.; Brothers, C. H.; Cox, C.; Nelsen, A. J.; Hughes, S.; Thorborn, D. E.; Stancil, B.; Hetherington, S. V.; Burns, D. K.; Roses, A. D. // Pharmacogenomics Journal;2008, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p365
The hypersensitivity (HSR) to abacavir (ABC) pharmacogenetics (PGx) program represents the progression from an exploratory discovery to a validated biomarker. Within the program, two retrospective PGx studies were conducted to identify HIV-1 patients at increased risk for ABC HSR, a...
- Short- and long-term effects of irradiance and CO[sub2] availability on carbon fixation by two marine diatoms. Bartual, Ana; Galvez, J. Angel // Canadian Journal of Botany;Mar2003, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p191
Features a study that compared the short- and long-term effects of irradiance and carbon dioxide availability on carbon fixation rates of two marine diatoms. Carbon fixation rates of Phaeodactylum tricornutum; Reduction in photosynthetic rates in Skeletonema costatum; Results and discussion.
- Creating Plastic Polymers from Air. Sicaras, Victoria K. // R&D Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p9
Discusses the way to create an impact-resistant plastic material by mimicking photosynthesis. Information on the process of photosynthesis; Use of a zinc-based catalyst to react carbon dioxide.
- Researchers track the flow of carbon dioxide within plants. // Engineer (Online Edition);11/8/2012, p3
The article explores the work of Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee researchers on the role of photosynthesis and respiration in the atmospheric carbon-dioxide cycle, in which the researchers used dogwood trees for their study, which they labeled to track the pulse of carbon as it move...
- Photosynthetic CO 2 uptake in seedlings of two tropical tree species exposed to oscillating elevated concentrations of CO 2. Joseph A. M. Holtum; Klaus Winter // Planta;Nov2003, Vol. 218 Issue 1, p152
Do short-term fluctuations in CO 2 concentrations at elevated CO 2 levels affect net CO 2 uptake rates of plants? When exposed to 600 Âµl CO 2 l -1, net CO 2 uptake rates in shoots or leaves of seedlings of two tropical C 3 tree species, teak ( Tectona grandis L. f.) and barrigon [...
- Inorganic carbon acquisition in L. Ballesteros, D; Garcia-Sanchez, MJ; Heredia, MA; Felle, H; Fernandez, JA // Journal of Experimental Botany;Oct98, Vol. 49 Issue 327, p1741
Studies the carbon dioxide acquisition in Riccia fluitans. Correlation between photosynthetic rate and pH; Factors involved in the stimulation of proton pumps; Effect of carbon dioxide application on membrane potential.