- Results of Negotiated Sales. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p18
Presents results of negotiated sales as of November 14, 2001. General Obligation Bonds for Mountain View-Whisman School District purchased through Surto & Co. Inc.; Refunding and Improvement Revenue Bonds for Coloraso Health Facilities Authority; Taxable bond issues.
- Wealthy Chicago Suburban School District Downgraded. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p3
Reports the downgrade of bonds in the school district of Chicago, Illinois. Amount of bond issue on the Cook County suburban district; Increase of tax revenues in district by referendum; Use of bonds by school districts to make up for revenue short falls.
- Texas' Bexar County Delays $103M Sale Until After Labor Day. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/26/2008, Vol. 265 Issue 32948, p5
The article announces the postponement of Bexar County, Texas' $103 million authorized venue-tax revenue bonds until the week ending September 6, 2008. The county decided to wait for the pricing with wrapping of rating reports and a tax revenue analysis. It notes that venue tax is levied on...
- Oklahoma Governor Makes Local Bond Issues Less Taxing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p4
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has signed a law that will exempt local bond issues from state income taxes. List of agencies benefiting from the law; Factors blamed for the delay in its passage; Difficulties in quantifying the amount of foregone tax revenue.
- Charlotte to Start $340 Million Water-Sewer Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/26/2008, Vol. 265 Issue 32948, p4
The article reports that Charlotte, North Carolina sells about $340 million of water and sewer revenue bonds starting August 26, 2008. Banc of America Securities LLC is considered to be its book-runner and DEC Associates is its financial adviser. The bonds are expected to take out commercial...
- Buyers: Will Political Wrangling Short Circuit Calif. Power Deal? Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p1
Examines the effects political activities on the economic status of San Francisco, California. Estimate of the power revenue bond sales; Proposition of a rate agreement backing the bond deals; Development of budget cuts for lost tax revenue funding.
- S&P Lifts Forney, Tex., GOs to A+ From A-Minus. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. was able to raise its underlying rating on general obligation debt to A-plus from A-minus in Forney, Texas. The said company raised its long-term rating based on the city's continued tax base growth and systematically sound financial position....
- Texas Sports Park Under IRS Scrutiny. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32391, p1
The article reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the United States is investigating tax-exempt and revenue certificates of obligation sold to finance a controversial sports park in Mansfield, Texas in 2004. The investigation is being carried out for private-use and private-payment...
- LOUISIANA: Lafayette Needs Revenue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32820, p9
The article reports on the need of Lafayette City to bring enough revenue on its sales tax to finance the $215 million bond package in Louisiana. Parish President Joey Durel expresses his expectation that the $152 million debt will serve as accumulated bond revenues of the city. He also reveals...