At Least Three Issues for Kaiser Aluminum in Default
- On the Horizon: Defaults in Many Sectors. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p1
Deals with a report by Moody's Investors Service analyst David Hamilton which predicted companies in the United States to file for bankruptcy by the end of 2000. Sectors that are potential candidates for defaults; Total amount of domestic high yield defaults; Telecommunication companies that...
- CA Commencement Order. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;May91, Vol. 107 Issue 1173, p44
Reports that provisions in the 1989 Companies Act, which deals with the interaction of insolvency law with certain default procedures, came into effect starting April 25, 1991.
- Credit Cards and the Option to Default. Sullivan, A. Charlene; Worden, Debra Drecnik // Financial Services Review;1995, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p123
Analyzes the relationship between credit card use and the incidence of bankruptcy. Value of the default option; Consumers' insensitivity to interest rates charged in credit card; Debtors' behavior before and after default.
- Ex-Santander adviser made bankrupt after Â£87k fraud. Norman, Tessa // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/13/2014, p33
The article reports that a bankruptcy order has been handed to Christopher Wathen, a client relationship manager at Santander, after misappropriating 87,000 pounds from clients' funds.
- Bankruptcies in Alaska: A Significant Decline. Spohn, Kari // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2006, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p95
The article reports on the bankruptcies filed in Alaska in 2006 which showed a decrease of almost 62 percent. A large number of Alaska's bankruptcy filings occurred in Anchorage. Fairbanks also reported a significant decrease in the number of bankruptcies filed. Majority of the filings are...
- DEFAULT RISK AND THE THEORY OF THE FIRM. Boisjoly, Russell P. // American Economist;Spring78, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p26
Examines the dynamic behavior of a corporation by recognizing the uncertainty of financial ruin attributable to the firm's choice of capital structure. Dependence of the productivity of investment in real assets on the technology employed and the character of the market demand for the firm's...
- SUFFERING FROM... REPUTATION BANKRUPTCY. Kirwan-Taylor, Helen // Management Today;Oct2010, p15
The article offers information on the concept reputation bankruptcy, which is increasingly becoming a status of modern time.
- There appears to be no bright spot for city. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;11/19/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p0008
In this article the author says that the city Detroit, Michigan is heading towards bankruptcy. He says that no one knows how dire it will be once bankruptcy is determined. The author also says that the whole ordeal is frustrating to everyone, who have watched the city spiral out of control for...
- A DAY IN COURT, A PROMISE TO PAY. Lavelle, Marianne // U.S. News & World Report;8/8/2005, Vol. 139 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on an increase in bankruptcy cases in the United States. How new laws have been passed regarding bankruptcy, which will go into effect in October 2005; Assertion that it will be harder for consumers to wipe out debt once the new law goes into effect; Increase in the costs involved in...