NEWS IN BRIEF
- Treasury STRIPS Increase in March. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p2
Reports on the increase of Treasury securities held in stripped form according to the Bureau of Public Debts in the U.S. Amount of issued Treasury securities; Restoration of Treasury securities through the Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principal of Securities program.
- Savings Bonding. Kadlec, Daniel // Time;9/20/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p85
Looks at how the United States Treasury's Bureau of Public Debt is updating its savings-bond program and trying to keep the program relevant. Innovations including I-bond, whose interest rate rises and falls with inflation; The EasySaver plan which features automatic band-draft purchase; Plan...
- Treasury Strips Fall $122.691M in July. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;8/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34157, p1
The article discusses the Bureau of the Public Debt reports concerning decline in stripped form Treasury securities for about 122.691 billion dollars in July 2014 to a 213.974 billion dollars, and discusses Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principal of Securities program (STRIPS).
- Treasury Strips Fall $2.617B in Aug. // Bondbuyer.com;9/4/2015, p22
This article reports on the September 4, 2015 announcement by the U.S. Bureau of the Public Debt that newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form decreased about 2.617 billion dollars in August 2015 to a total of 214.026 billion dollars.
- Treasury Strips Fall $111.995M. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p2
Reports on the decline in the newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form according to a report of the Bureau of the Public Debt in the U.S. Total securities eligible for stripping; Benefit offered by the Separate Trading of Registered Interest and Principal of Securities program for...
- Treasury STRIPS Rose $1.8B in Jan. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p2
Reports on the increase in newly issued Treasury securities held in stripped form in January 2004 in the U.S., according to the Bureau of the Public Debt.
- Treasury Securities Strips Up $902M in September. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p2
The article offers updates on the STRIPS program of the U.S. government in 2007. The newly issued Treasury securities under the program, which allows investors to hold and trade the individual interest and principal components of eligible Treasury note and bonds as separate securities, surged...
- Treasury Puts SLGS Back Into Play After Bush Signs Debt Limit Law. Barnett, Susanna Duf // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p5
Reports that the United States Department of the Treasury will continue the sale of State and Local Government Series securities by accepting subscriptions for issues at the Bureau of the Public Debts. Issuers' purchase of the securities for advance refunding escrows to ensure they do not...
- Surety Companies Acceptable On Federal Bonds: Pacific Employers Insurance Company. Carrico, Laura // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;4/30/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 83, p25535
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Fiscal Service grant of a certificate of authority for an acceptable surety on federal bonds to Pacific Employers Insurance Co.